- Report: #568706
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Equifax Information Services, LLC
Equifax Information Services, LLCP.O. Box 740241 Atlanta, Georgia United States of America
Equifax Information Services, LLC makes it very difficult to close an account Atlanta, Georgia
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Equifax insists that I send them the following by mail or fax:
- My name and contact information
- Her name and social security number
- A photocopy of my driver's license
- A copy of a power of attorney
- A copy of her death certificate with some kind of signatures - the representative's English was poor (somebody in Bangalore) and I could not understand what he was asking for.
There may have been more. At this point I explained that as I opened the account I should have the right to close it, regardless of whether my wife is deceased or not or whether I have power of attorney. Plus, I am not at all comfortable sending all this personal information about myself by fax or off in the mail where I have no control over who sees it or what happens to it.
Two phone calls and three emails later I am still fighting with them and Equifax refuses to change their terms.
Please keep in mind, Equifax is not required by law to do this. Equifax could create a way to opt-out online that is fully secure by asking for answers to questions only the account creator would know.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2010 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equifax-Information-Services-LLC/Atlanta-Georgia-30374/Equifax-Information-Services-LLC-makes-it-very-difficult-to-close-an-account-Atlanta-Geo-568706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.