Complaint Review: Equifax

• Updated: Fri, April 27, 2012

• Reported By: Tony61 — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Equifax

Equifax Cancellation of recurring charge is not possible, Internet

I signed up for an equifax credit report and paid $16.95 as a monthly fee, expecting to cancel the account after receiving the report. I got the report but cancellation is impossible. In the era of internet, equifax requires a phone call to an 866 number where I was put on hold for 44 minutes.

During the call-hold I was assaulted with notices for all their "convenient" on-line services and asked to friend their facebook page ! Irony is not dead! During this call -hold I read the on line complaints about equifax and wished I had read these complaints before I signed up for equifax.

This is a scam, plain and simple. I suppose I'm expected to pay $16.95 per month in perpetuity. They are criminals who waste your time and steal your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 12:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equifax/internet/Equifax-Cancellation-of-recurring-charge-is-not-possible-Internet-874582. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equifax