Complaint Review: Equifax

• Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: GodsChild — Valley Cottage New York United States of America
Equifax
P.O. Box 740241 Internet United States of America

Equifax Company Continued to Charge Me After Initial Cancellation Request & then had claimed to have no record of any cancellation request Internet

I requested a cancellation of services a short time after enrolling with Equifax as suggested to me after discovering possible fraudulent activity on my credit report.  Approximately 5 months later after I felt that I no longer needed the service, I then called Equifax to cancel my service and I spoke with a male with a heavy Indian accent; and after requesting the cancellation, he then offered the services to me for 50% off as incentive for me to keep the service and I kindly denied it and requested that he move forward with the cancellation.  This gentleman obviously was not professional enough to honor my request and as a result, Equifax continued to charge my account; thus, making undue profit off of my hard earned money just because of an incompetent employee who did not cancel my account as requested.  Unfortunately, I discovered many months later that I was still being charged after requesting a cancellation.  Upon discovering all of the charges, I immediately called in and spoke with a female representative named "Mary Ann" ID #DC8, who stated that she could only refund me 2 months of service and that for any further refunds, I must dispute it via "email."  She also admitted to noticing that there has been "inactivity" on the account for some time; thus, proving the idea that I must have cancelled; otherwise, why should I pay for a service that I wasn't even using?  So I did as she said and I emailed the complaint about being charged for an extended period of time and requesting restitution.  I then received an email response stating that there was no prior record of a cancellation request and that there is nothing further that they can do for me.  I then responded to their response and I have yet to hear from them since.  In addition, I checked my bank account to verify that the 2 months refund went through, and I discovered the 2 refund charges and then an additional charge all on the same day!  So it's as if they only refunded me for 1 month!  I then called back again and spoke with "Katie ID#kxj41" and she stated that the additional charge must have been for a new monthly charge and there's nothing she can do about it.  I then inquired about the dispute on prior services in which I was being charged for and she put me on hold and then came back and stated that there's nothing anyone can do about it in her department and she had no answer for me as to why I haven't received a response to my 2nd email.  This company is a total rip off and made well over $100 off of me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equifax/internet/Equifax-Company-Continued-to-Charge-Me-After-Initial-Cancellation-Request-then-had-clai-914436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equifax