Complaint Review: Equifax

• Submitted: Fri, December 23, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, December 23, 2011

• Reported By: EndymionNomad — United States of America
Equifax

Equifax Make it nearly impossible to cancel account and lie to your face about it Internet

I wanted to try out Equifax's premier service, and had a month to try it for free.  Didn't wind up being too useful, so I decided to cancel.  They don't allow you to cancel online.  They make you call.  I called, and spoke to someone who could barely speak English.  He kept me on hold for about 30 minutes, coming back every so often to repeat my information again.  Then, he finally told me my account had been cancelled and that I would receive an email to that effect.  No email came, so I chatted with another representative online, who informed me that there had been no changes to my account and it was still active.  So, they're just giving the runaround, hoping you'll give-up and just pay them for services you don't want.  Another case of a giant company doing as little as possible to make their customers happy.  As long as they're raking in cash, why should they care?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2011 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equifax/internet/Equifax-Make-it-nearly-impossible-to-cancel-account-and-lie-to-your-face-about-it-Interne-813191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equifax