Complaint Review: Equifax

• Submitted: Sun, June 10, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, June 10, 2012

• Reported By: TruthSeeker — United States of America

Equifax No Customer Service--Scam Internet

Something is terribly wrong with this company.  Over the last couple of years the service is now non-existent.  I was charged for annual service in May 2012.  I have not been able to access the website at all.  I called for assistance and gave my security information, apparently that was not enough.  They wanted account names and balances and started requesting numbers.  At that point, I asked to speak with the Supervisor.  Mind you,  I was trying to access the customer website to use my paid for product.  This line of security questioning was beyond anything I have ever had to do with any credit card, bank or other financial institution.  The supervisor refused to assist me unless I gave the additional information.  I asked to cancel my subscription and he informed me that because I was unwilling to answer "excessive" security and personal information he would not help me.  I asked for the address to dispute their charges and service and was refused even an address.  What?  This is a big ripoff and scam.  I have taken this up with the BBB and my State's Attorney General.  My advice is not to utilize this company  or it's services.  Very shady.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/10/2012 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equifax/internet/Equifax-No-Customer-Service-Scam-Internet-895435. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equifax