Complaint Review: Equifax

• Updated: Sat, April 21, 2012

• Reported By: hv3 — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Equifax

Equifax Rip off and impossible to cancel the service Internet, Internet

Equifax is a rip off - they make it impossible to cancel the service.  They charge for service they dont provide, and they wont let you cancel the service without spending hours on the phone with them.  Further they would not let me cancel my wifes service without her being here to speak to them even though its paid for with my credit card and I have all her details with me.

I called in January to cancel, and they kept the service active despite my request to close it down, they said since I had already paid that it would not cancel until the end of the billing cycle - which is the 22nd of the month.

I just got my credit card statement and find out they billed me again for March.  My statement shows the amount billed on March 22.  I called right away - today is the 21st of April, and  I find out they billed me today for the next month.  I pitched a fit and they agreed to issue a credit for the April billing - how considerate of them but refused to credit the March billing.  They further refused to do anything about my wifes account.  Its not big money but its totally unfair.  They should make canceling the service as easy as signing up.  If the service was of any value - they would not need to suck you in like this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2012 04:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equifax/internet/Equifax-Rip-off-and-impossible-to-cancel-the-service-Internet-Internet-871846. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equifax