Complaint Review: Equinox

• Updated: Tue, January 22, 2013

• Reported By: Nancy — Fergus Falls Minnesota United States of America
Equinox
1285 Baring Blvd #297 Sparks, Nevada United States of America

Equinox Mailing address on pkg 1285 Blvd #297 Sparks,NV89434 no name on box- inside slip equinox- Charge on my card says Sheridan Skin of Great Britan???? Equinox Skin Care Rip Off Sparks, Nevada

I saw an advertisement for Equinox Skin products to try for $4.95. I tried the product when I received it no phone number no price list nothing to order if you liked the product.  Today 1/22/13 I get a box in the mail no company name on it- address 1285 Baring Blvd #297 Sparks, NV 89434. I call Citi Bank to find out what charges are on my card the $4.95 last month $105.95 for this month. I asked the name of that company the representative said Sheridan Skin with ph#877-599-2652 I said I have no idea who that company is.  The rep stated its from Great Britan. Now I am very confused.

I called the phone number they identified themselves as Sheridan Skin I asked if they were also known as Equinox and she said yes. I told her I authorized the $4.95 to try the product with no price list or phone number to call and order product if I did like it.  I did go on to say I had not authorized the $105 charge I was simply trying their product.  She started to argue with me the woman had an accent not british not american more like Jamican. I asked to speak to her supervisor. He was as rude as she was when I told him I had not authorized additional charges to my credit card.  I told him I simply ordered the $4.95 to "try their product" he stated nothing is free.

It should be illegal for companies to help themselves to a consumer's credit card without direct authorization to do so upon the customers inspection and approvl of further shipments.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2013 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equinox/Sparks-Nevada-89434/Equinox-Mailing-address-on-pkg-1285-Blvd-297-SparksNV89434-no-name-on-box-inside-slip-e-1001282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equinox