Complaint Review: Equitable Acceptance Corporation

• Updated: Mon, April 30, 2012

• Reported By: Dorothy — Sioux Falls South Dakota United States of America
Equitable Acceptance Corporation
po box 27007 Minneapolis, Minnesota United States of America

Equitable Acceptance Corporation Company financed purchase. No interest charged for one year. I was charged interest on the last payment and calling them has not worked. I will try again tomorrow. Minneapolis, Minnesota

*Author of original report: 30 days

I bought a vacuum cleaner and Equitable Acceptance Corporation financed it for one year with no interest. I called Equitable and gave them my credit card information and told them to put $200 a month on it for payment. I checked my account on line and saw they were charging me interest and I called them  two different times and was told that the law said they had to show the interest but I would not have to pay it.  Now today I checked because my last payment was on the 25th of April and interest was charged on the last payment.  I made payments for seven months so there was no reason to charge me interest. Today I tried calling and couldn't get a real person to talk to but will try again tomorrow. This company does not work well with their customers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2012 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equitable-Acceptance-Corporation/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55427/Equitable-Acceptance-Corporation-Company-financed-purchase-No-interest-charged-for-one-y-875702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equitable Acceptance Corporation

30 days

AUTHOR: Dorothy - (United States of America)

I called Equitable Acceptance Corporation today about the interest that they charged me on my credit card and was told that I have to wait 30 days to ask for a refund. I don't understand why it takes so long to get my money back.

formal