Complaint Review: Equity Lifestyle Properties, Inc

• Updated: Sun, October 02, 2011

• Reported By: Vicki — N Fort Myers Florida United States of America
Equity Lifestyle Properties, Inc
10200 Pines Lakes Blvd. N Fort Myers, Florida United States of America

Equity Lifestyle Properties, Inc ELS We have filed a claim for hardship & a request to have our lot rent lowered. I gave our community manager all requested information on June 7, 2011. To date we have had no response. The request & pap N Fort Myers, Florida

We had requested to file a hardship claim to have our lot rent lowered for a few months until I start to receive my SS check.  I am unemployed and have been for nearly two years.  My husband is disabled with MS and has been for several years.   I was the only "breadwinner" until I lost my job in November 2009.  I am now running out of unemployment funds and will not receive my first SS check until February 2012.  We do not have enough income to sustain our high lot rent payments, keep the eletric on, etc., and be able to keep my husband on his medications.

He has a lot of health issues and has recently gone through his third operation in four months time.  I continue to check with our manager, Mr. Southard, but get the same answer each time.  He states they have not replied to the request yet.  At this point I am becoming desparate to get us some help.  We have patiently waited four months now for an answer.  Family has been trying to help us meet ends but they cannot continue to do this either.  From what I am "hearing" around the community this is what ELS does.  They sit there until some elderly people have had to walk away from their homes and just leave.

Like many in this community our homes are paid for but we do not own the lots they sit on.  This way ELS just has people evicted for non-payment of lot rent.  Somehow, ELS takes over the property and sells the homes for very little just to regenerate the lot income.  ELS is out nothing on the home, but they need to turn around the property quickly to start receiving the lot rent which is always increased to the next buyer.  I would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.  Please, we are desparate and do not want to loose our home.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2011 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equity-Lifestyle-Properties-Inc/N-Fort-Myers-Florida-33903/Equity-Lifestyle-Properties-Inc-ELS-We-have-filed-a-claim-for-hardship-a-request-to-hav-783989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equity Lifestyle Properties, Inc