Complaint Review: Equity Transportation

• Updated: Wed, February 06, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous ill — lakewood Colorado United States of America
Equity Transportation
3865 Dykstra Dr NW Grand Rapids, Michigan United States of America

Equity Transportation Fumigated. I was offered a dedicated route that fit exactly what I was looking for. They flew me 1200 mile for orientation. I was told they had a tractor clean and ready to go. When I got into the tra Grand Rapids, Michigan

Equity Transportation Has no respect for professional drivers.  I was flown 1200 miles  for orientation for dedicated run in my area. I was told before I got to orientation there was a tractor clean and ready to go.

When I got into the tractor I was assigned it reeked big time of diesel exhaust. Even worst, when I turned on the engine and heater exhaust fumes blew into the tractor. The exhaust had big time leaks.

Was assigned another tractor. This one had dead batteries. I was told they decided to fix the exhaust system on the original tractor. Sure that may have helped but the whole inside of the tractor had been fumigated with exhaust. Just sitting in the  tractor with the engine off the saturation of the exhaust of everything was over powering. Less than 10 minutes of sitting in the tractor made me dizzy and nauseated.

As a professional driver, I have not doubt that the carpet, seats,bedding, almost everything had to be replaced and the shell sanitized. Even the vents needed to be flushed out. Just plane nasty.

They told me this was the only tractor they had for me. No way I could drive it.

I would avoid this company at all costs. They are cheap as they come.  It cost me several hundred dollars just to get home

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Equity-Transportation/Grand-Rapids-Michigan-49544/Equity-Transportation-Fumigated-I-was-offered-a-dedicated-route-that-fit-exactly-what-I-1010162. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Equity Transportation