Complaint Review: Ergonomic Back Store

• Updated: Thu, October 01, 2009

• Reported By: sagittarius1203 — Valhalla New York USA
Ergonomic Back Store
www.ergonomicbackstore.com Rochester, New York United States of America

Ergonomic Back Store Harry L. Davis, owner The Ergonomic Back Store is a RIP-OFF! Rochester, New York

I am posting this as a warning to anyone else considering buying anything from:

The Ergonomic Back Store, Inc.
Rochester, New York
(585) 292-0972

Harry L. Davis
500 South Ave. #14E
Rochester, New York 14620

On November 30th, I bid on a computer workstation, via E-Bay, from the Ergonomic Back Store. The total cost was $84.73 total. I won the bid, and sent the payment within that same week, via PayPal. Soon I received e-mails from PayPal confirming the money transfer, and that payment for this item was received.
By January 1st, I had not heard from the Ergonomic Back Store nor had a received the workstation. I figured it was the holidays, Mr. Davis must be busy as I myself was.
Thus, I sent a friendly "reminder" e-mail about this item to the seller. On January 4th, Mr. Davis responded with, "I have been away a few days with the holidays.  I am sorry for the delay.I will get it out this week" ...That week came & went!

By January 14th I still had not heard from nor received anything from the Ergonomic Back Store. At the time, this business was a Square Trade member of E-Bay, so I contacted them (Square Trade) to see what to do about this matter. I found out that they offer a mediation service, which attempts to encourage the other party (Ergonomic Back Store) to respond and settle the case. This service cost $20.00, which I had to pay. Lo and behold, on January 14th, the same day that I decided to involve a mediator because Mr. Davis was no longer responding to me, I got the following e-mail from him: "I apologize.  I had some problems getting started.   I will ship ASAP"

On January 27th, I received a notification from Square Trade which stated that the mediator had to close my case because the other party (Ergonomic Back Store) did not respond to any of the mediator's future messages. Wow, that was $20.00 well spent... NOT!

On February 3rd, I contacted Mr. Davis of the Ergonomic Back Store, and stated that I no longer wanted the workstation, that I was contacting the Better Business Bureau,
and that I thought he was running a scam! And I DID contact the Better Business Bureau that day too!
Guess what? I actually got a response! His e-mail read:
"Your refund check for $84.73 is in the mail to you today. I am very sorry for the delay". TO THIS DATE, I have never received this refund! The Better Business Bureau eventually contacted me and said that they could not get a response from Mr. Davis either!

I know I could take this lying, scam-artist to Small Claims court & win, as I've saved all e-mails from PayPal and his so-called business, but I'd need to go to Rochester, NY... and I'm in New York City. Travel costs, court costs, etc... And then what if he STILL doesn't pay??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't see a court garnishing wagesfor a measly $84.73!

Finally, anyone who feels the need to rip someone off for SO LITTLE must really need the $$$! What can $84.73 even BUY nowadays?!?! WHAT A LOSER!!!!
Update: His website address now leads to a My Space page! Buyer beware!

Carla     New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2009 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ergonomic-Back-Store/Rochester-New-York-14620/Ergonomic-Back-Store-Harry-L-Davis-owner-The-Ergonomic-Back-Store-is-a-RIP-OFF-Rochest-502580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ergonomic Back Store