Complaint Review: Eric & Carolynn Gockel

• Submitted: Fri, December 08, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, December 09, 2006

• Reported By:Omega Georgia
Eric & Carolynn Gockel
321 S Sangamon, #801 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 204-951-9129
  • Web:
  • Category: Lottery

Eric & Carolynn Gockel, Robert James, Anthony Thompson, Lasalle Bank National Association I received a letter stating that I had won a lottery held on October 10th, 2006. This letter came with a check in the amount of $4900.00. I was suppose to deposit the check into my account and telephone a Robert James with my claim number and he would give me the information to send $2,985.00 by Western Union or Money Gram to pay for taxes on my winnings. I did not fall for this, just a warning. Chicago Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: Canadian Scammers / Identity Theft

I went to my bank to confirm the check and my banker told me that this was a rip-off scam and advised me to make a claim. Luckily I did not fall for their scam, being that I was raised to believe that if it is too good to be true, it usually is.

Stephanie
Omega, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2006 09:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eric-Carolynn-Gockel/Chicago-Illinois-60607/Eric-Carolynn-Gockel-Robert-James-Anthony-Thompson-Lasalle-Bank-National-Association-224362. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eric & Carolynn Gockel

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Canadian Scammers / Identity Theft

AUTHOR: Eric - (U.S.A.)

This scam did not originate from us. One of our checks was copied or stolen and was used for this scheme (as well as the "Irish Lottery" last month)

Our bank has closed the checking account and cannot do anything else about this scam because the scammers reside in Canada and we have been told to work with the US Postal Inspector to hopefully catch them.

Eric