Complaint Review: Eric Hill Nissan

• Updated: Thu, June 12, 2014

• Reported By: ToriE — New Orleans Louisiana
Eric Hill Nissan
13050 I-10 Service Road New Orleans, Louisiana USA

Eric Hill Nissan Suspected Scam Artists and Deplorable Customer Service New Orleans Louisiana

*Consumer Comment: A Spelling Question

My husband and I had been without a car for almost two years and had enough money in savings to purchase a car in full. On August 17, we went shopping for cars. When we drove up to Eric Hill Nissan, we were greeted immediately. We were asked what we were looking for and what our spending range was. We gave that information... something used and no more than $10,000.

We had already looked at several other locations and had not been happy with what we'd seen. We were told she had the perfect car for us and essentially refused to show us anything else, claiming there wasn't anything else in our price range. We liked the car and the price was right. We head in and start the paperwork, which shouldn't have taken very long seeing as we were paying cash. Only, she kept coming back with apologies about telling us the car was $10,000 (actually a little less than that)...

the sticker price was higher and we questioned her about it when we were outside but she said that the dealership had a sales quota to meet for the day so they were lowering the prices to get the sales needed. The car was actually $12,000 and she showed us the paperwork supposedly attached to the car to prove she had no choice but to sell it to us for more than she quoted. Only the paperwork wasn't actually for the car we had looked at. The mileage on it was significantly more and the color was wrong and some other things we knew about the car wasn't matching what was on this sheet. I don't think we were supposed to notice that.

They eventually agree to take some amount off for some baloney that we didn't request because we were about to walk out. The salesperson tells us that we are to come back in two weeks to pick up the plate. She also gives us her number and says if we have any questions or issues, to give her a call. We were told that the car had just had new tires put on and that the oil had just been changed. A few weeks later, I had to have the oil changed when the light came on telling me it had been 5,000 miles since the oil had been changed. I hadn't driven that much in that amount of time. We've also had to replace a tire recently. We've only had this car for three months.

We go back in two weeks as directed and the plate isn't there. We should have been told that when the plate arrived, they would send out a post card. We get the post card in the mail a couple of weeks later and I notice that my last name is spelled wrong on the title. I assume, correctly, that the misspelling was because they used the title to get the name and address for the post card. I show it to the person who handed me the plate and the title and she brings it to someone else and then brings it back to me and says to keep the plate and the paperwork and they would fix it and send me a corrected one. This was September 17. In the mean time, my registration from the DMV comes in with the same misspelling.

In October, when I realize it's been at least a month since I'd picked up the plate and still hadn't gotten a corrected title, I called the dealership and asked to speak to someone who deals with the titles. They transferred me and no one answered. So she takes my name and number. No one calls me back. Today, November 27, it has been over two months since I picked up the plate. I called and asked to speak to the supervisor of the person who does the titles. I get put on hold and I assume transferred. No one answers. Again, she takes my name and number. I tell her I'll be available to take calls after 1 p.m. No one has called me back. I told her I was pissed off. She apologized, but again, no one is taking care of this situation.

My options at this point is to pay the DMV or some other entity to have the title corrected or go over to the dealership and cause a scene, at which time I will again be lied to and I will still have to go to the DMV and pay to get my title corrected because someone couldn't spell a very common word correctly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eric-Hill-Nissan/New-Orleans-Louisiana-70128/Eric-Hill-Nissan-Suspected-Scam-Artists-and-Deplorable-Customer-Service-New-Orleans-Louis-1102741. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eric Hill Nissan

A Spelling Question

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You fully recognized the tricks they were playing on you.  You documented that in your posting.  But what did you do???  You stayed there and REWARDED them for playing these con-games on you.  Incredible!  So then, how do you spell "doormat"?  You are the customer.  When the car dealer starts playing con-games with you, its TIME TO WALK OUT.