Complaint Review: Eric Schiffer

• Updated: Mon, November 15, 2010

• Reported By: Young Entrepreneur — Internet United States of America
Eric Schiffer
402 West Broadway, 4th Floor San Diego, California United States of America

Eric Schiffer Fundedplans.com, SEOP.com, Chinapowered.com, This Guy Single Handedly Wipes Away the Dreams of Young Entrepreners and Businesses San Diego, California

Eric Schiffer is the mastermind behind a ring of scams and cons which takes a toll on many industries and people's lives. His most recent scam/con is his company, SEOP, which is an SEO company where Eric makes false guarantees to small businesses, takes over their websites and extorts then for money. There appears to be several complaints against SEOP already on the ripoffreport but I want to make sure everyone know it's all Eric Schiffer from California.

However, before SEOP, Eric had a bunch of other businesses where he would con people - one of them being FundedPlans.com - this is where I was conned by Eric himself.

I was a 1st time entrepreneur looking to start a company and needed help writing a business plan. I found Eric (fundedplans) through a google search - and Eric was an incredible sales person. He made me feel like he was the only way I could get this business off the ground and convinced me to pay him 6k to write a business plan for me. [continued below]....
..... I was very excited. He had great ideas and I was excited to get the project going.

Long story short, after I paid Eric - he went quiet for a very long time. I was getting worried and kept emailing and emailing him. Then, he popped up and said the plan was done and needed the final payment before he could send it. I was surprised by this, he pushed back and i was suckered into sending the money. He sent me a barely baked business plan that seemed to be written for another company....and then he introduced me to this guy Ndaba (who was a good guy) who was supposed to start helping me with the plan. I spent sometime with Ndaba but after one turn of the plan, eric told him to stop working with me and I was stuck - 6k down, no business plan.

I pleaded with Eric to help me finished this plan as I had paid and did not get a business plan - and he wrote me saying that I had used illegal data in my business plan (because I called up a competitor and sent him the phone call notes) and he would report me if I did not leave him alone. Ndaba's email would not work anymore.

6k down, my dream of starting a company was severely damaged, i had lost my money -and was left with a 25% complete business plan for another company that was barely similar to mine.

I later discovered eric shut down funded plans (website still live) and started SEOP to con young businesses in SEO.

I know a few former employees there who have witnessed the cons 1st hand...this guy needs to go to jail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2010 09:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eric-Schiffer/San-Diego-California-92101/Eric-Schiffer-Fundedplanscom-SEOPcom-Chinapoweredcom-This-Guy-Single-Handedly-Wipes-596446. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eric Schiffer