Complaint Review: Eric Scott Fortas, Attorney at Law

1936 N. Druid Hills Road, Ste. 100B Atlanta, Georgia United States of America
  • Phone: 404-315-9936
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Eric Scott Fortas, Attorney at Law Michael Mann Scott Fortas is a Liar, Thief, Fraud, Incompetent, Unprofessional Atlanta, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Liar, Thief, Fraud, Incompetent, Unprofessional

*Author of original report: Eric Scott Fortas Incompetence

*Consumer Comment: I have only had great experiences with this attorney

I hired Scott Fortas to handle a criminal matter, and today I am left cleaning up the mess that he has made of my once good life, name and reputation. I paid this lawyer thousands of dollars to apply basic concepts of the law and either get the charges dropped (as he promised he could) or reduced. In fact, my case should not have been handled by the court which convicted me since the alleged crime did not occur in that court's jurisdiction. This was a major part of the case, and the most basic (Criminal Procedure I) yet Fortas missed it. Additionally, Fortas allowed the ADA to lie in open court about my character and accuse me of acts which never occurred.

DO NOT hired this attorney to represent you for anything, even something as simple as a traffic ticket. Trust me, you will get screwed in the end. Fortas could care less about your life or future, and will curse you out, then hang up on you. This was my last interaction with Scott Fortas, however it will not be my last because I am planning to sue him.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eric-Scott-Fortas-Attorney-at-Law/Atlanta-Georgia-30319/Eric-Scott-Fortas-Attorney-at-Law-Michael-Mann-Scott-Fortas-is-a-Liar-Thief-Fraud-Inco-977457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eric Scott Fortas, Attorney at Law

Liar, Thief, Fraud, Incompetent, Unprofessional

AUTHOR: Teacher - ()

If you hire Scott Fortas the charge(s) by the prosecutor will not get reduced. He has no negotiation skills and will make your situation worse. This is the absolute worse excuse for a lawyer that any law school has ever turned out. Also, he went to a 4th tier law school, which clearly shows. Selling used cars is what this lawyer needs to be doing.

Eric Scott Fortas Incompetence

AUTHOR: Kim Smith - (United States of America)

Obviously, you have been paid to write this rebuttal about Eric Scott Fortas. Companies and business professionals have perfected the latest scam which is paying either their employees, friends, or family members to write raving reviews.

I have only had great experiences with this attorney

AUTHOR: Amy - (United States of America)

To be fair, I would like it to be known that I came across this website because I could not remember my attorney's phone number.  I had no prior knowledge of the allegations stated by the originator of this report.

However, once I read what my attorney, Scott Fortas is being accused of, I felt I must say something.  I have never experienced any of the behaviors that the accuser has mentioned Scott Fortas to be exhibiting.  He was professional, honest, compassionate, and cost a great deal less than what other attorney's were trying to get me to pay.

I am sorry you had what you feel is a horrible experience.  I, along with several other friends use Scott Fortas as our "go to attorney"  and will continue to do so.  In fact, I am calling him right now.  I think it would be a shame for anyone to not use Mr. Fortas' services based on the statement of one person.