Complaint Review: Erie Construction

• Submitted: Sun, October 21, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 06, 2012

• Reported By: TWALKER — West Branch Iowa United States of America
Erie Construction

Erie Construction Did a terrible job on our roof and refelctive barrier installed in our attic was done pathetic! Internet

*Author of original report: Making it right

*Author of original report: Update

My husband and I located Erie Construction on the internet when looking for a metal roofing company. We set up an appointment and 2 young men (very smooth talking) talked my husband and I into the reflective barrier for our attic and they would replace the bad section of roof that was bad for free (told us we couldn't afford a metal roof). It took months to get here (said they were behind because they only employed the best roofers/contrators). When they finally got here there was one guy who came to install the reflective barrier-it did an AWEFUL job! I called Doug Neirman (I think that was his last name) and complained and he said the guy would re-do it when he came to work on the roof. When this guy finally came back, they stripped off a few of our shingles and replaced the bad ones with shingles that didn't even match what we had up there! Plus they ripped a screen window when they were dropping stuff off the roof and they didn't say anything about it-we found it later. So, we called Doug again and he sent the guy back to replace a few more shingles so it blended better........It looks like hell. The valley up on the roof is a joke! So, after paying them over $7000 for the reflective barrier and a crappy roof job, I wouldn't recommend them if they were the only construction company in the world! This was about a year ago and our homeowners insurnace contacted us in August and put a rider on our policy until we get our roof re-done. So now we are replacing this AWEFUL joke of a job with a metal roof that we should have gotten in the first place. I think Erie needs to make this right with us!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2012 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Erie-Construction/internet/Erie-Construction-Did-a-terrible-job-on-our-roof-and-refelctive-barrier-installed-in-our-957957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Erie Construction

Making it right

AUTHOR: TWALKER - (United States of America)

We were contacted by Tom from Erie Construction and we talked about all the things that went wrong and talked about how to fix it.

I realize that we were angry with them and should not have written about them on this report but instead we should have contacted someone higher up to push this issue with instead of just letting it go.

When we complained at the time, we complained to the guy who did our installation and he wasn't sharing with the managers at Erie that I was unhappy like he said he was. Instead, we should have kept pushing then and not let it go.

Since our first post, Erie has fixed our E barrier up in the attic and this guy has done a very professional job.

I suggest that if you have a problem with this company, contact their Customer Service Rep (Connie did a great job for us) and work with them to rectify this if one of their contractors messed up-they made it right with us by fixing this for us.

They really are at the mercy of their contractors to do a good job (just as any business owner is who contracts out work) and if you are not happy with the job they did, tell someone and if you aren't happy with their answer, try someone higher up-they want your job done to your satisfaction.

Happy people tend to refer more than unhappy people. :)

Thanks again Tom and Erie Construction staff.

Update

AUTHOR: TWALKER - (United States of America)

A rep from Erie Construction contacted me today and I am hopeful that maybe we can work out our problems. I understand that they are at the mercy of their contractors.  I feel that maybe they are trying to work with us and I am willing to work with them to make this right. I will keep you posted. Thanks.