Complaint Review: Erie Insurance Company

100 Erie Insurance Place Erie, Pennsylvania United States of America
  • Phone: 1-800-458-0811
  • Web:
  • Category:

Erie Insurance Company Shen Valley Insurance - Agent Cancellation after being given accident forgiveness Erie, Pennsylvania

Erie cancelled our insurance on January 28th for non-payment of their liberal payment plan but they acknowledge they received payment on the 26th of January that was accepted by their agent. They issued a refund check on January 28th. They made the cancellation effective January 30th but failed to mail the letter and check until February 1! Our agent kept saying they had reinstated the policy but it was not.

Due to snow and failing cell phone conditions we did not receive this notice until February 9th. When I talked with the President's office at Erie I was told that we were being cancelled because of my daughter's driving record. Believe me they even had incorrect information and not all of the information.

I was supposed to have lifetime accident forgiveness on my policy since I was a long time Erie customer.

So which is it? Were we cancelled for non-payment which they had and cashed the check or was it the accidents my daughter had while I had lifetime accident forgiveness as part of my policy.

After talking with my sister I find that they also did the same with her even though she had lifetime accident forgiveness.

Either insurance companies need to honor lifetime accident forgiveness when they insure people on policies or they need to admit it is not worth the paper it is written on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2010 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Erie-Insurance-Company/Erie-Pennsylvania-16530-0001/Erie-Insurance-Company-Shen-Valley-Insurance-Agent-Cancellation-after-being-given-accide-569157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Erie Insurance Company