Complaint Review: Erie Insurance Group

• Submitted: Tue, September 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, September 16, 2008

• Reported By:Godfrey Illinois
Erie Insurance Group
100 Erie Ins. Pl. Nationwide U.S.A.

Erie Insurance Group Dropped our policy following car accident Erie Pennsylvania

Erie Insurance Group was the insurance company my agent set us up with last November when we bought our first house. We gave up Progressive because they do not do home owners insurance, only auto. My husband was involved in a car accident and his car was totaled while the other driver's SUV was mildly scratched. The cop gave my husband the ticket and the insurance company was quick to pay their end of things; however 2 months later they sent us a notice that our policy will not be renewed due to his past driving record. Our policy is paid up through November and that is when they will drop us.

My husband called their customer service to find out why they were doing this and the lady danced around the subject and kept going back & forth from it being his past driving record to July's accident. When she said his past driving record he asked why they signed us up if his past driving record was an issue & that is when she said it was the accident. To which he replied "so you're dropping us for an accident that I haven't even been found guilty for yet?" We have a lawyer because the SUV clipped my husband sending his sedan spinning out of control across the highway at which point the car flipped and hit a pole. Yet, my husband received the ticket because the driver of the SUV was older & clean cut while my husband is younger and looks kind of intimidating with tattoos, eye-brow pierced and a shaved head. He told the lady he was going to go on-line and discredit their scamming fly-by-night company and she called him a "lunatic" and that she knows he is responsible for the accident. He told her she can cancel our home-owners insurance as well because we will not be dealing with them ever again and hung up on her.

We were with progressive for 7 years, 3 car accidents and 3 traffic tickets and never were we dropped or treated so poorly. I want to warn all future customers to stay far away from Erie Insurance because they only want your money and will drop you if you actually make them pay out.

Christina
Godfrey, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2008 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Erie-Insurance-Group/nationwide/Erie-Insurance-Group-Dropped-our-policy-following-car-accident-Erie-Pennsylvania-373403. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Erie Insurance Group