Complaint Review: Erie Insurance

• Submitted: Wed, April 18, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 18, 2007

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Erie Insurance
2200 W. Broad St Bethlehem, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Erie Insurance Cheated me on an Auto Insurance Claim Bethlehem Pennsylvania

I live in Washington, DC and travel extensively. Upon returning from a trip i noticed my car had been hit by another vehichle. I contacted Erie and they told me to file a police report and have the car towed to a body shop of my choosing. They told me that this would be covered under Uninsured Motorist ($200 Ded) versus my standard $1000 deductible.

One week later the claims adjuster called me and told me that their was NO way the car could have been struck by another vehicle based on where it was located. She stated that the car must have been moving, struck by another vehicle and then returned to the EXACT parked position that I left it at prior to departing on my trip. Therefore, Erie made the claim that this was my fault and made me pay $1,000 vs. $200.

As a 13 year customer of Erie this was my first claim that i tried to process. I would recommend that people find another Insurance company for their Auto policy other than Erie. They went out of their way to PISS me off over $800 difference and 13 years of business without a claim.

Keith
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2007 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Erie-Insurance/Bethlehem-Pennsylvania-18018/Erie-Insurance-Cheated-me-on-an-Auto-Insurance-Claim-Bethlehem-Pennsylvania-244569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Erie Insurance