Complaint Review: Errol Gluck

• Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: Anonymous — NY New York United States of America
Errol Gluck
420 Lexington Avenue #1712 New York, New York United States of America

Errol Gluck Gluck Solutions, Gluck Hypnosis Hypnosis, life coaching, mediation, stress management, weight loss New York, New York

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Comment #2

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Don't Listen to Those Reports

*Consumer Comment: hypnosis-schipnosis

Dr. Errol Gluck said he could hypnotize me into eating less and losing weight. Not only did it not work, but he lied to me about the following.

1. He told me he could get me a job doing voiceover work for a big budget movie that was in production. It make absolutely no sense, because I have a massive speech problem.

2. He told me he could get one of his clients in the clothing business to buy my tee shirt designs.

3. He told me his client ran the Strand Bookstore and could get me a job there.

4. He insisted that I buy "prescription strength" nutritional supplements from him at high prices.

5. He tried to get me to take prescription drugs. When I told him "only an MD can prescribe drugs" he answered "my father's an MD, I can get them through him."

6. He told me he had a doctorate in theology, giving him clergy privilges. I said "what if someone admits to sexually abusing kids?" He replied "then I'll just kill them myself."

7. He told me he had a gun trader's license and was starting an arms dealing business in South Africa, and wanted to send me there as an employee. I told him "you've got to be crazy, people get killed there" and he answered "it'll be okay, I have a guy that was a Navy SEAL, he'll go with you." I still wasn't convinced, and I said "you're a hypnotist, why not make even more money hypnotizing the soldiers into not being afraid of the enemy?" His reply to that was "listen, you have your hobbies, and I have mine."

At this point I discontinued our "therapy." I'd kept going to his sessions for a year because I wanted those jobs he promised. But the $250 price per session would've been too much. I'd love to recover the money, and fortunately, I paid with a credit card so there's a record of the payments.

I contacted the NY State Office of Misconduct Enforcement, but since he's not licensed, there's nothing they can do. However, there were complaints about him for similar reasons in the last decade, and the information will be made available to official investigations.

I contacted the NY State Attorney General's Office of Consumer Fraud and have not heard back. If you've been cheated or lied to by Dr. Errol Gluck, contact this office and file a complaint.

Dr. Gluck may or may not have a PhD from an accredited university, but he's not licensed to practice anything, be it psychology, psychoanalysis, life coaching, hypnosis, etc. He eats while working with his clients (not very professional), talks to them about his personal life, and tried to get me to date his receptionist. Since he's not licensed, I'm not even sure how much of what goes on there is actually privileged.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Errol-Gluck/New-York-New-York-10170/Errol-Gluck-Gluck-Solutions-Gluck-Hypnosis-Hypnosis-life-coaching-mediation-stress-man-977656. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Errol Gluck

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Comment #2

AUTHOR: PMenucci - ()

Once again: Hypnosis is not for everyone. Obviously the complaints are attacks on character and not the actual therapy, which these clients -- if they are clients and not other hypnotherapists -- had difficulty carrying out. Similar to other ways of healing, it is not solely up to the doctor or even the medicine itself to get better. This is true for teaching, too, and coaching. Without cooperation, without responsibility and maturity (personal qualities that are in the client's hands), without discipline, benefiting from hypnosis in any way might indeed feel impossible.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Don't Listen to Those Reports

AUTHOR: PMenucci - ()

I have no idea who posted the last couple of reviews but anyone reading them can sense that those people need help improving their judgement, critical thinking, and decision-making skills. I am not sure who the patients are - not knowing the names raises further suspicion that the responses are groundless.

I take a highly rational approach. When someone comes to me for weight loss, for example, we focus on: eating according to one's blood type, carrying out tailored exercise routines (motivating the patient through the concept of neuroplasticity), controlling food portions, reinforcement of moderate over extreme dieting. For those who seriously want to lose weight, I have a significant track record along with the phone numbers and names of people who can support my claim.

The reviewers on this website could never have existed in my office.

Remember that not everyone can be hypnotized. If the person's IQ falls under a certain limit, for example, or if their physician does not fully agree with the treatment, I'd suggest another form of therapy.

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Errol Gluck told me that everyone could be hypnotized.  That is not true.  He also told me that my problem was an easy fix.

As a person on soc. security (only),  I was willing to pay the $295 per 50 minute session.  My particular problem is a habit I cannot break despite seeing multiple medical specialists.

The first session was questions and answers.  The second session was the so called no-fail hypnosis.  He went through what i imagine to be the usual steps of hypnosis but I was not even slightly hypnotized.  I asked if he could tell if I  was hypnotized and he replied, Yes, you were where you were supposed to be.  So much for my positive attitude.
                                                                                                                                                          Like the chap in the previous report, he asked for my resume as he knew people who could employ me.

My advice is to save your  money.