Complaint Review: Errorsmart

• Updated: Sat, August 16, 2008

• Reported By:Rockmart Georgia
Errorsmart
www.errorsmart.com Internet U.S.A.

Errorsmart Charged $39.85,for a free download, that caused errors on my machine and harmed the McAfee protection I paid $70.00 for that was working well.Now I'm Unprotected. Internet

*Author of original report: Errorsmart did not work. But all I lost was time!

My machine is 3 months old. Upgraded when I bought it. It it a little slow at home , I think my AT&T wireless is slow in this area, at work it is 3G. I do not mind spending money to improve it or prevent problems and I'm very protective of it. I have 1 year McAfee to help protect it. But I am very gulible and tend to believe what I see and hear.

While searching with Blingo I saw "free download to speed up and correct possible problems". I went and accepted the deal. They recommended the errorsmart, the antispyware and the privacy programs. Total $39.85 Errorsmart downloaded and installed without a hitch, although the whole process seemed like just a show. Then the antispyware started and it stuck. It continued downloading for a very long time and you could see that is was doing nothing but putting on a show. Then the machine went wrong, it locked up and would not respond. Finally I uninstalled the programs and done them again.

Needless to say I got the same results. I removed all the traces of errorsmart and backed up my computer. But the McAfee protection I have is open. My computer is not protected. I emailed errorsmart and got a message back to remove and download again. I cannot bring myself to do it. I contacted Visa to dispute the charges. Notified Blingo and tried to contact Clickbank but was unable to. I checked errorsmart with McAfee site adviser and they said"errorsmart made promises they could not keep and mislead the public". I could have donated that $39.85 to St. Jude's, which I will anyway. $40.00 and if I get it back then ok, if not, too bad.

These type of people use the internet to rip people off and they make it a bad experience instead of the pleasure and joy that it can be. I am not rich but I do give back to the world and donate what I can to help the unfortunate. I hate when someone takes money that could have went to more worthy causes.

Errorsmart is a ripoff and should be closed down, find some other way to make a living, an honest living.

Jimmy
Rockmart, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2008 08:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Errorsmart/internet/Errorsmart-Charged-3985for-a-free-download-that-caused-errors-on-my-machine-and-harmed-313957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Errorsmart

Errorsmart did not work. But all I lost was time!

AUTHOR: Jimmy - (U.S.A.)

All though the Errorsmart program did not aid my machine after hours of clearing and re-booting I was able to restore it to as good as condition as it was. Errorsmart DID refund my money. All I lost was time. But it gave me something to do. It would not work on Vista I have. Or maybe my machine is in good order and did not need it.