Complaint Review: Ervin's Giant Alaskan Malamutes

• Updated: Tue, December 18, 2012

• Reported By: jarpres — Miami Gardens Florida United States of America
Ervin's Giant Alaskan Malamutes
807 Matney Road Greensburg, Kentucky United States of America

Ervin's Giant Alaskan Malamutes owner: Ervin Jared He sells Alaskan Malamute dogs. (puppies) Greensburg, Kentucky

*General Comment: Jarads Malamutes

Below is a copy of the letter I sent this breeder who misrepresented himself to me in the  recent purchase of a puppy. He has not refunded me the money to date. He refuses to answer either my telephone calls or e-mails. If you do business with this dog breeder, be very careful and don't get suckered like I did. He will sweet talk you but don't fall for it.

Re: Puppy purchase

On December, 2011, I bought a Giant Alaskan Malamute, with the understanding that Ervin Jared would send me a sound and healthy puppy.  I paid the total of $1800.00 USD plus shipping for this dog.

Unfortunately, this puppy has been diagnosed with a malady known as Hip Dysplasia, which is literally separation of the hip joint and the femur or rear leg bone of the dog. I am very disappointed because he (Ervin Jared) has misrepresented what he sold me which was to be a sound and healthy puppy. Now I am faced with correcting this problem which will cost me 2000 dollars, which I dont have right now.

To resolve the problem, I would appreciate nothing less than a full refund.  I look forward to your reply and a resolution to my problem.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2012 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ervins-Giant-Alaskan-Malamutes/Greensburg-Kentucky-42743/Ervins-Giant-Alaskan-Malamutes-owner-Ervin-Jared-He-sells-Alaskan-Malamute-dogs-puppie-859016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ervin's Giant Alaskan Malamutes

#1 General Comment

Jarads Malamutes

AUTHOR: Maria Zandonella - (United States of America)

I want to let everyone know of the situation i have found myself in after purchasing two Giant Alaskan Malamutes from this breeder. My female has the most severe form of hip dysplasia my vet has ever seen! she is eleven months old and has suffered from this horrific condition. I am having a hip replacement done in several weeks mind you only one at this time because here in Connecticut the surgery is 7,000 dollars! She is a great dog and I am going to help correct the situation! My other pup was not from her liter and to date appears sound but who knows what will happen down the road! I was told by an orthopedic surgeon that this condition is genetic and often caused by over breeding! Please do not purchase a pup from this breeder! He is certainly aware of what he is doing and needs to be stopped!