Complaint Review: Essential Research Group

• Updated: Sat, October 16, 2010

• Reported By: Michelle Lee — winnipeg Manitoba Canada
Essential Research Group
1203 38 Ave SW Calgary AB T2T 2J3 Calgary, Alberta United States of America

Essential Research Group Sent me a Certified CIBC Cheque under my name and address in the mail for $ 2000.00 and instructions on what to do with it! Calgary, Alberta

I was led to believe that this was a job offer with Essential Research Group who is claiming to have hired me as a Research Analyst.  They also claimed to getting my resume through Canada job bank and JobCanada with their expressed permission.

Opinion4cash is running a research project for "MONEYGRAM" I was to gather my honest and productive opinion on how it works by cashing the cheque they sent me for $2000.00 and send it to a "ficticious" relative of mine who they named after my only sister?!

" This is  a pre-paid assignment and your pay has been rated at $200.00 flat for your working time and expense. This assignment should be completed at any MONEYGRAM location in your region."

They not only ruined my credit with my bank but also forced to close this account that I've had for 6 years due to this fraudulent cheque which was drawn by CIBC Bank.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2010 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Essential-Research-Group/Calgary-Alberta-T2T-2J3/Essential-Research-Group-Sent-me-a-Certified-CIBC-Cheque-under-my-name-and-address-in-the-651630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Essential Research Group