Complaint Review: Essig Pools

• Updated: Fri, December 21, 2012

• Reported By: Juan — Miami Florida United States of America
Essig Pools
1800 NE 151 St. North Miami, Florida United States of America

Essig Pools Defective surface work, denial of guarantee coverage North Miami, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: An explanation of the staining

I chose Essig Pools because in the internet they looked like the better company in South Florida even though their cost were much higher that other choices. I did this because I didn't wanted to have any problem after the work has been done. They did a Resurface work to my pool.

My surprise came when today their technician came to see some dark areas that came into the picture since about four months ago, but he says that their work was done perfectly, and that it is fault of my cleaning pool guy, that he left some instructions (I don't know where because I never saw them) I really don't understand how this can be possible. My pool cleaning guy has done his work every week, and brush all the surface every time. I paid for a new perfectly surface, and now I have a surface with dark areas, even going with the most expensive company in town.

Now my pool guy is going to empty the pool, do an Acid Wash, that will cost about 500 additional dollars. I would't recommend them for sure.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2012 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Essig-Pools/North-Miami-Florida-33162/Essig-Pools-Defective-surface-work-denial-of-guarantee-coverage-North-Miami-Florida-886246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Essig Pools

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

An explanation of the staining

AUTHOR: Dan essig - (Afghanistan)

This letter was written in May 2012, but for some reason, it never posted.

Dear Mr. Juan Olivera,

We emptied your pool, sandblasted the surface, supplied and installed a coating called Diamond Brite. Diamond Brite is a very good surface that is produced in a very big factory and in large quantities. The color you chose was Cool Blue.

It has specs of blue, other aggregates and cement mixed in it. We always make consistent mixes that are from the same batching series or we make a consistent ratio if there is more than one series of batches from Diamond Brite that are needed for the pool. I do not know of any pool companies in the country that guarantee against staining. The industry cannot, because staining of pools is not within the control of the company that installs a new surface. Your pool has staining.

The surface was installed on the pool about one year ago and we received a call from you on Friday (5 days ago). I understand that you are saying that something happened about 4 months ago (which was 6 or 7 months after we surfaced), but we did not receive a call until last week. On Monday the manager spoke with you and an appointment was made to see the pool on Tuesday. On Tuesday, the manager met your wife at your house and saw the pool. The surface that was installed on your pool is totally intact, but has some scaling and even has some sand stuck to the floor and steps of the pool. The manager was able to show your wife the scaling. He also was able to remove some scale and sand from the top step of the pool to show her that as well. We installed Diamond Brite on the surface of the pool, not sand or scale or you would have noticed it the day we surfaced your pool last summer.

As you know, you have new coping (possibly sealed with something) and a new paver deck all installed by others. The scaling and sand calcified on the top step of the pool is not from us, nor from any pool company that would have surfaced your pool with Diamond Brite. The sand and scaling is on top of the surface that we installed, as we showed your wife. We do not maintain pools, nor did we install the pavers that were installed on sand around your pool, nor did we seal the coping.

Additionally, we were able to see what looked like some sort of chemical staining from the side of the coping on down onto the surface of the pool. I believe that either you or your wife thought that the housekeeper might have used some chemicals to
clean your coping. That also could have stained the surface as it ran down the walls of the pool.

We did acid wash your pool as a courtesy to attempt to remove some of the staining.

If you got your house painted and then your house got dirty, it would not be fair to blame or get mad at the painter.

Unfortunately, it is a little easier to explain the house getting dirty than your pool scaling, but it is a good analogy.

Im sorry that your surface got scaled, but we have nothing to do with it.

There are a bunch of great websites that explain how a pool scales, what it looks like and what can be done to possibly remove it. A good website that illustrates this and manufacturers chemicals for scale removal is Jacksmagic.com.

I hope this helps explain the situation,

Dan Essig