Complaint Review: Estefan Enterprises

• Submitted: Tue, February 26, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 23, 2009

• Reported By:Trenton New Jersey
Estefan Enterprises
420 Jefferson Av Miami Beach, Georgia U.S.A.

Estefan Enterprises (A/R) This company's A/R Department was misleading Miami BeachMiami Beach Florida

*Author of original report: Emilio Knows but continues to do nothing

*Author of original report: It's about time

*Author of original report: A "Real Time" Story

*Author of original report: How and why did this happen

*Author of original report: Lets do it!

*Author of original report: Let's do it!

*Author of original report: The Challenge

*Author of original report: Don' Miss it!

*Author of original report: Debate or Meeting?

*Author of original report: Well?

*Author of original report: How about it?

*Author of original report: Let's Debate

*Author of original report: Followed instructions lead to nowhere

*Author of original report: John's no subject saga

*Author of original report: Shattered Dreams

*Author of original report: An Open Letter to the CEO

*Author of original report: On Going Lack of Courtesy

*Author of original report: Nice Guys Finish Last

*Author of original report: Let's resolve this

*Author of original report: If not now, when?

*Author of original report: Guess Who?

*Author of original report: Closure

*Author of original report: Believe in your dreams

*Author of original report: "Buttin in Line"

*Author of original report: Good Things Come to those who wait

*Author of original report: Typical Practices

*Author of original report: Estefan Enterprises Miami Beach Florida

Starting in 1999 and for several years the A/R Department was misleading in their promise of a meeting with the CEO and their encouragement that not only did we have an excellent project but that the CEO of the company liked the concept.

There were continued requests by A/R to fly into Miami for "the meeting" and each time a different excuse as to why the CEO was not going to make it. But A/R kept promising the meeting and kept stating the CEO like the idea.

On the advice of A/R attempts were made to schedule this meeting with another department, then personal assistant to no avail.

Furthermore, recently, after many years of waiting the comapny stated that the CEO never heard of us!
When this all started in 99 there was a dream and an idea.

Trenton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2008 02:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Estefan-Enterprises/Miami-Beach-Georgia-33139/Estefan-Enterprises-AR-This-companys-AR-Department-was-misleading-Miami-BeachMiami-Be-312249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Estefan Enterprises

Emilio Knows but continues to do nothing

AUTHOR: John jacobs - (U.S.A.)

Yes, everybody the CEO and President refuse to correct the situation caused by the A/R Department of the company.

It's about time

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

I, JOHN would like to debate EMILIO ESTEFAN.
I CHALLENGE Mr. Estefan to accept so that this issue of his co misleading me through the promises made can be laid to rest.

A "Real Time" Story

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

This will be laid to rest for a week or two.
If there is no response to my debate or meeting question,
then it pretty much this co is never going to do what's right.
If that be, then I am going to tell my story in it's totality to anyone that will listen.

How and why did this happen

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

My project is old like me, has lost it's marketability and originality all because me and my friend kept waiting on this meeting.
It sounds repetetive, but it IS the TRUTH.
Were we "stupid" for being lead to believe that the constant promise of a meeting with Emilio Estefan was going to happen?
Anyone in similar circumstances may have done the same, this was a co with a reputable name.
How were me and my friend going to question A/R when all we were told was that Emilio Estefan like our project and was interested.
If all this was not the truth, then why would Estefan not take a few minutes to sit with me and my friend and at least show some professional courtesy and a little sympathy for the many years that were sacrificed just to meet with him?
Is Mr. Estefan embarrased that this happened?
Well, me and my friend are embarrased everytime someone asks, "whatever happened to the project you were going to present to Emilio Estefan".

Mr. Estefan,
I challenge you to either debate me, or honor the promise your co made for years.

Let's do it!

Mr. Estefan,
I am challlenging you to a debate.
Are you up to it?
You will have an opportunity to answer as well as ask questions.
We can agree to some program that would be interested in airing
it(spanish or english).
And like I said, three celebrity judges will announce a winner when it's over, and we can shake hands.
Let's do it,

The Challenge

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

Disabled ex vet John Jacobs challenges Emilio Estefan to a debate.
The "question and answer" debate format will last appox 15 min.
I will ask a series of questions that Mr. Estefan will try to answer.
There will be three celebrities who will judge the debate, then render
their decision on who the winner is.
Date and Time: TBA

Don' Miss it!

Coming soon...
THE DEBATE!
Unknown, but highly motivated disabled ex vet John vs. The Internationaly Famous Emilio Estefan.
Date and Time: TBA

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

Again, Mr. E, CEO of this co I would like to have a friendly debate as requested.
As an alternative to this, I would accept the meeting the A/R promised going back to 1999.

Well?

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

I guess my wait for the debate will be a little longer.
I want to tell Mr. E the truth about all the nonsense the A/R dept of his co fed me and my friend.
He doesn't want to hear it.
Mr. E if are as good as people say, then I challenge you to "step up" and talk to me.
Wouldn't you want to know about the situation me and my friend experienced so that this does not happen again?
Well?

How about it?

Mr. Estefan,
If the cristina show is not a good forum for debate, how about the Dr. Phil show?
It' s just a "get together" to talk about why a dept in your co. could say one thing over the course of several years and you not know what they were promising.
After all, as I were told you have 100% of you in all that goes on.

Let's Debate

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

I would like to ask the CEO to a friendly debate on this matter.
Let us discuss why and how this happened.
This would help it from happenning to someone else.
How about it CEO?
Maybe we could do it on the Cristina show.
When it is over we can shake hands.

Followed instructions lead to nowhere

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

Jairo the A/R director at the time this all started promised the meeting.
A great guy, but why promise something and not deliver?
Does Jairo tell everyone they have an excellent project and that the CEO of this co. likes it, then make repeated request for people to come back from out of town?
How can you run a co. such as this and not know what key employess are telling people?
I mean it might "slip through the cracks" for a while, but for YEARS?
Jairo suggested me and my friend "network" at as many events as possible to help us when we had this meeting.
He said that the CEO would look at this favorably.
Well, me and my friend did just that and it was a complete waste of time.
Until the next time...

John's no subject saga

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

Even with this company knowing the sacrifice and time wasted waiting to meet the CEO has not resolved things.
CEO not for nothing but why couldn't you honor the promises a department in your company made?
I realize that you have other important things on your agenda, but come on, after all these years is giving me and my friend 10-15 minutes asking too much?
From the beginning were you ever told about us at all?
What you should know is that me and my friend had an idea and a "dream", and because the meeting that was being promsed has never happened I feel like it never may.
All we ever wanted was to get your input and guidence on this project.
I let my neighbors, cousins of a singer in one of the bands you promoted use my electricity for almost a month several years ago.
And I did it because I wanted to show some sympathy to people indirectly associated with your co.
That's more than me and my friend have been shown.

Shattered Dreams

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

I have wasted years waiting on the meeting that was promised by A/R of this company.
Nothing can give back the years, time, and effort me and my friend put into this.
Since my concerns have falen on the ears of those that don't care, weather my friend likes it or not I may have to seek someone that is willing to listen to what I have to say.

An Open Letter to the CEO

Mr. Estefan,
As the CEO you have not shown me and my friend the good, humble humanatarian that others say you are.
In fact, I still don't understand how my friend can still hold you in such high regard considering you don't seem to care that a department of your company was misleading us for several years.

Doesn't it bother you to know that two guys with a "dream" waited years to meet you and were never given the opportunity?
What, other than believe what your A/R department kept telling us have we done not to get some sympathy from you and get the same courtesy other people get, a chance to sit with you for a few minutes.

All me and my friend ever wanted was to talk to you about our excellent project.
Something your A/R department continued to tell us for years along with promising us a meeting with you.

Doesn't it bother you that we both made personal sacrifices to fly into Miami each time the A/R person said to come out that we were going to meet you, then tell you had other commitments that came up, for us to come back?
Even if you were not aware at that time that your A/R was promising these things, you know NOW. There was one trip that your A/R assured us would be THE ONE where we were going to meet with you.

As in previous trips A/R told us the morning of our departure from Miami 11AM to be exact would be the meeting.
On this trip there were no less than 20 Calls to A/R both at the office and on his cell.
Each time A/R asking us to call back in 15 minutes, telling us that you were on you way.
At 4PM three hours before we had to catch our plane, A/R tells us that you were not answering the phone, aplogized and repeats those famous words, "you guys have to come back".
This should be more than enough for you to be more than happy to have met with us, but I guess no one cares about us.

in hopes of meeting the CEO of this company.
I kept promising mom that this trips would lead to moving her to FLA because if A/R said the CEO liked there was a good chance me and my friend could convince him to produce the project at "the meeting that never was".
Mom passed when I returned from one of the trips.
And, I delayed a major hernia operation because I did not want to be in the hospital when me and my friend were being told by A/R "you have to come back".

On Going Lack of Courtesy

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

I just found out that my friend attempted to write the CEO of this company.
He has always been overly respectfull even though our time was used up all these years waiting to meet him.
My friend's certified, return receipt requested letter was sent back REFUSED.
I found out because it came back to my address.
Upon opening it what I read was nothing but an honest and short explination of the sacrifices we both made and the rest of his admiration for the CEO.
Had the letter been opened by the person it was addressed to, the CEO he would have read that throughout all of this we still(maybe my friend a little more than me)admire the man.
Me and my friend had a little argument since he was not happy I opened the letter.
In refusing to even read what was a positive letter the CEO just continues to solidy my opinion of the situation.
No one at this company is interested or cares that me and my friend sacrificed years, time, and a valuable project to meet the CEO.
A meeting as I said previously promised by an employee of his company.

Nice Guys Finish Last

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

Here it is...My neighbors a few years back knew I was going to Miami for this potential meeting. They kept telling me their cousin was a singer who was in a band promoted by the CEO of this comapny.
Anyway, while nice neighbors they were "stiffing" the landlord on rent and their utilities were turned off. They asked me to help them and I was kind enough to put an electrical cord from my house through their window into their apt. my act of kindness lasted almost a month.
The cousin comes in from FLA to visit and I was given a brief, but formal introduction. My friend told me not to bring up our situation with her even though she was part of the CEO's all girl band.
A week or so after she left, my neighbors move out in the middle of the night without paying the landlord his money.
The landlord starts to ask me about their "famous cousin" and why they couldn't borrow the money from her when she was here. I told him that situation was between him and his tenents.
So what does this have to do with my situation?
Well, I helped my neighbors whose cousin was in the CEO's band.
I showed them more courtesy and sympathy than me and my friend have received.
I guess nice guys do finish last.

Let's resolve this

Dear CEO,
All that needs to be done is, sit down for ten minutes of your time. as we gave seven plus years of ours.
Let us know why you were unable to meet with us for all these years that your A/R had promised this meeting.
Why did this happen?
Instead of having third parties try to intervean on our behalf, why not just meet with us?
Thank you.

If not now, when?

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

I have heard nothing but positive comments about this company's CEO.
Humble is a word that is used often.
All me and my friend would want is the opportunity to meet him and just let him know all we went through just waiting to meet him for so many years.
If there is just one request that would be it.
It would be great for us to "move on", and this request would be a start.
We would appreciate experiencing first hand the good person we have been told that he is.
April 2008. Eight years, that's such a long time.
Me and my friend believed what we were being told that's why we "held on" for s long.

Guess Who?

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

I guess everyone must know who the CEO is, but his friends and colleagues would refer to him as Emilio.
Everything about him is positive but hard to comprehend why, knowing that the A/R department mislead me and my friend for years, he would not at least offer an apology.
Our time was used up, and a once exciting idea, was turned into something ordinary because as me and my friend waited, so that the project.
Original, marketable ideas lose "steam" if they "sit around" like ours did for several years.
This is not something that was anticipated, after all we were dealing with a well respected company, and our relationship with A/R was outstanding.
By the way, the President of the company suggested we "pitch our idea elsewhere".
This after all these years(in April eight to be exact).
That is something the A/R department should have suggested in the beginning instead of telling me and my friend that "we have an excellent project and he's going to do it, but we have to come back".
How would you feel if this happened to you?
Sincerely,

Closure

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

"You can always dream, and dreams do come true".
This is the phrase often used by the CEO of this company.
This concept/project was our dream, so how is it made to come true?
Wasted years, time, and effort waiting on the promise of a meeting that, according to the company's A/R would lead to that goal.
Closure would mean to "let it go", take this as a learning experience and, "move on".
But, this project was not only a dream, but a potential "hit".

While there has been an education, namely trust no one/company no matter how positive a reputation they have, "moving on" would mean starting this time consuming process all over.
There may still be another possible option.
The CEO making good on the promises made by the A/R department of his company.
This would mean "going against the grain", bending so to speak, doing what a CEO, who does things his way, not on the request of "working class" individuals.

The question is would this person grant this to help bring closure to a very disappointing situation, a situation that has left "sadness" in the hearts of two guys who only did what they were asked to do for years in the belief that it would lead to a meeting with someone whom they felt would be as excited about their dream, as they were.

Believe in your dreams

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to make a correction. This company did not rip off the idea. However, in years worth of requests to come back for a meeting that has never happened, the A/R Department made me and my friend waste a lot of time.
Furthermore, there seem to be lots of contridictions.
If the CEO never heard of us, then why would A/R keep telling us that he liked the idea and was interested?
If the CEO never heard of us, why would another department say they mentioned our situation to the CEO but he had not responded, would'n that mean he heard of us?
Why would me and my friend betold that we had an "excellent" project?
Many may ask, why me and my friend would keep flying in for meetings that were constantly rescheduled. Because we believed what we were being told.
"You guys have an excellent project" and "the CEO is interested, but you have to come back".
We believed that this was a chance to turn dream into a reality.
We had no reason to doubt what we heard for years based on the company we were dealing with.

"Buttin in Line"

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

John speaking. No more "sugar coating".
Why did me and my friend have to wait YEARS and in the end NEVER get the promised meeting, yet many celebrities not only met the CEO and NEVER WAITED but they go do do projects with the company?
Why were they not told to keep comng back.
They are no better than we!
In fact our project is better than anything they presented to this company.
If they did not have famous names, they would never get a second look to their ideas!
And yet they got to "butt in line"!
By the way, if anybody wants to know who these people are, all you have to do is ask!
Maybe the truth will bring me and friend sympathy.
Just put yourselves in our position. Me and my friend were ripped off for years worth of our time and our idea, that's a fact.

Good Things Come to those who wait

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

I am the other half of the project(Joe) that was to be presented to this company.

As you would understand, both John and I have been facing diappointment and frustration with these circumstances.

However, in my opinion, in defense of this company's CEO I believe that he is a man of integrity and that at some point and time he will be a stand up guy and honor the promise made by his comapny's A/R Department.
I just wish it would be sooner than later as eight years is a very long time.

Typical Practices

AUTHOR: John Jacobs - (U.S.A.)

These types of things seem pretty commonin that industry.

Still, to mislead lead individuals by "stringing them along" by a company such as this is unacceptable.

Having to wait does not give an individual the opportunity to present ideas elsewhere, and the waiting period may hinder the marketability of a possible successfull project.

The fact that the "higher ups' have done nothing to resolve these concerns is quite disappointing.
Years of waiting and being promised something with the expectation that a meeting with a famous CEO may lead to making one's dream a reality is most definately a "no no".

Especially if all that one has done is believed what they were being told for years.

Something like this seems so simple to resolve. All that needs to be done is for the CEO to have some symapthy for this situation and, meet with the individual.

Estefan Enterprises Miami Beach Florida

AUTHOR: John jacobs - (U.S.A.)

Telling people that the CEO of a famous company likes your idea and that he's "going to do it" is not good.
When these promises are not kept and you make people wait as this company did, you in essence have ripped off their time when the idea could have been presented elsewhere.
As disappointing is knowing that the CEO is aware of what happened and has done nothing about it.
If as the company said, "he never heard of you" then someone in that company was "fibbing" for years.
In April 2008 it will be EIGHT YEARS!
And there has been and may never be the meeting they promised starting in 1999.