Complaint Review: Estella Johnson

• Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: Jane — Anytown United States of America
Estella Johnson
1100 Cadiz Street Internet United States of America

Estella Johnson, Rude and Unprofessional, Implies Dallas Life Homeless Shelter LIES about Services Provided, Internet

Tsk, Tsk... It's a SHAME what folks do and how they act when they think NO ONE is watching..

Today, this morning around 9 a.m. I contacted Dallas Life Homeless Shelter after watching their video on Youtube. I watched in amazement as the Executive Director, Reverend Bob Sweeney, went on and on about the services provided by this shelter.

He devoted a signifigant amount of time in his video to telling about the clinic services and how Dallas Life Organization cares for the Homeless and even provides services for "Diabetics". I was very impressed as I was contacting the services for a homeless young woman I know who happens to be a diabetic.

I called extension 17 and spoke to the Women's Coordinator Estella Johnson and I honestly wish I could take the call back. [continued below]....
..... When she first picked up the phone she sounded rushed, rude, breathing hard as I spoke as if to imply she didn't have time to talk. I tried to be understanding. However, it became apparent she was just rude. A rude person. I asked her a question about if residents could have vitamin supplments and she barked "yea but we won't keep them. You are responsible for them". Ok. Then I asked her if a diabetic could bring with them special snacks and she barked "LOOK HERE, THIS AIN'T THE SHELTER FOR YOUR FRIEND! TELL HER TO GO SOMEPLACE ELSE! WE WON'T ALLOW FOLKS EATING ALL OVER THIS BUILDING! "WE DON'T HAVE ROACHES"! "WE ARE NOT A MEDICAL CENTER!".

Yep. That one question brought all that out.

I was flabbergasted. The Reverend Bob Sweeney in his video spoke about the services provided but she was telling me to tell my friend to go someplace else. Without even fully hearing me out. I told her I understood they were not a medical center and never implied such and was only asking about the statements made by the Executive Director Mr. Sweeney where he specifically stated they offered medical services and had access to clinics. He even went further showing the medical clinics and ended with "yes. we provide it all" while christian music was playing in the background.

And then I thought.. He was speaking directly to potential DONORS. So this is how the people who NEED THE SERVICES actually get treated? In a hostile, arrogant and rude way. The Donors get the beautiful music and the soft tone of voice and the guy sounding like he is praying while he is smiling into the camera.

But the PEOPLE WHO ARE USING THE SERVICES GET TREATED LIKE DIRT. Ok Ms. Estella. I will take your advice. We will call another shelter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2013 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Estella-Johnson/internet/Estella-Johnson-Rude-and-Unprofessional-Implies-Dallas-Life-Homeless-Shelter-LIES-about-1023150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Estella Johnson