Complaint Review: Estes Express Lines

• Reported By: Will — rockport Indiana United States of America
Estes Express Lines
3901 W. Broad St. Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Estes Express Lines Half of my shipment vanished.. Richmond , Virginia

I used UShip to have two pallets of autoparts sent from Montana to Indiana. I also paid for a lift service for the unload. I was told that my parts would be here in two weeks on a Thursday.

I get a call a week later from a trucker with the shipment wanting to know where to go. When I told him the address he told me that he would not deliver here even though trucks are on our road all the time. I told him to meet me at a gas station 5 miles away...he was in a hurry by the way so I had to drop everything and get to the meeting point.

Of course there was no lift service even though I paid for it so ..the driver shoved the parts to the back of the trailer where I took them and loaded them into our truck. Here is where I made my mistake. I didnt inventory everything while loading my truck and didnt notice that so many parts were missing . The driver was in a hurry and so I didnt want to slow him down by taking inventory as we unloaded-loaded.  The driver signed and I signed the delivery receipt.

After I did an inventory and found out that we were missing a pallet, I called Legion Logistics and made a claim. She told me she would make a claim with Estes . After a month I call Legion Logistics again and she said she would call the trucking company again and call me back. She never called me back so I called Estes and was told Legion never filed a claim so I filed one myself.

After months I get a letter from Estes informing me that I was declined on the claim because I had signed the delivery receipt .. So..if doing biz with these companies be careful and take all precautions.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2011 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Estes-Express-Lines/Richmond-Virginia-23260/Estes-Express-Lines-Half-of-my-shipment-vanished-Richmond-Virginia-692508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Estes Express Lines