Complaint Review: Estes express

• Reported By: GeorgeTS — LaGrangeville New York United States of America
Estes express
P.O. Box 25612 Richmond, Virginia United States of America

Estes express Shipped half my order, lost the other half. Richmond Virginia

I ordered two heavy duty shelving units, which were shipped in two separate pieces, a seven foot long box with 8 upright posts and 12 cross braces with a 12" x12"x4" box taped to this box which contained all the hardware bolts and clips and anchors. A second piece, the box containing 12 48" x18" metal shelves. Was never delivered. The driver told me that the 7' box was both pieces cause the small hardware box taped securely to the 7' box were two separate pieces or boxes.
The shipping laden listed two separate pieces or boxes weighing 338 lbs. when I explained the 1 piece/ box he was giving me wasn't large enough to hold the uprights and the shelves and it weighed about 150 lbs, there had to be another box he argued with me that the one box was really two pieces because attached was this 12"x12"x4" box.
I called Estes and they gave me the run around for two days saying the same thing as the driver. I contacted the company I purchased these items from ( who explained they had lots of similar experiences with Estes ) and they contacted the manufacturer who actually has so many bad experiences with Estes they actually photograph the shipment before they give it to Estes. Sure enough their picture showed two pieces/ boxes, the seven foot box with the 12" hardware bow securely attached and the second large box containing 12-48"x18" metal shelves.The box of shelves has still not been found.
Thankfully the merchant and the manufacturer are shipping via FedEx expedited replacement shelves while the claim is being processed, also refunding the 98. Dollars shipping I had to pay for the shipping of half my order.
Mistakes do happen, it's the poor attitude of every employee I dealt with at Estes that was most frustrating. They treated me first like I was dumb, then confused and finally as if I was bothering them.
I will never buy anything that ship Estes Express again, first cause they can't count and second cause of their extremely poor attitude.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2012 06:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Estes-express/Richmond-Virginia-23260/Estes-express-Shipped-half-my-order-lost-the-other-half-Richmond-Virginia-958664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Estes express