Complaint Review: Esurance

• Reported By: pissedoffconsumer — Nokomis Illinois
Esurance
, Select State/Province USA

Esurance ripped off Nokomis IL

So after 15 months of having an Esurance policy, Esurance decides to tack on an additional $115 to the current period's premium WITHOUT notifying me via phone, email or postal mail.

I received a letter in the mail today from the bank that finances my newer vehicle saying the policy was cancelled due to non-payment, but it sure as hell doesn't make any sense, because I made my full $464 payment for the current period back in June 2013.

So I called the insurance company and like usual, they specialize in denying everything. And for something that was their mistake to start off with, they cancelled the policy September 27, 2013. But the bank just sent the letter to me a few days ago. So back to the call... despite the fact that it was their fault, they wanted to force me to renew right away, for $200 more than I was paying.

I knew it being under Allstate ownership was bound to make them a ripoff company.

And for that matter, they're not refunding the three months that were unused.

Looks like I'll be avoiding this company for many years to come.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 01:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Esurance/Select-StateProvince/Esurance-ripped-off-Nokomis-IL-1095171. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Esurance