Complaint Review: Esurance

• Reported By: Cshakur — Tampa Florida
Esurance

Esurance Esurance Bait and Switch Tactics Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: SRF Signing

I obtained insurance coverage with Esurance giving all required information and agreeing with a price that I was quoted. To my dismay I received an email with a different amount. I called to verify if this amount was an error or for justification of the rate change. I was shocked to learn that the terms had been changed and also the amounts I was to pay. I gave full disclosure including VIN number,social security number and my driving information. This difference between my quote and actual amount was about an additional $100 monthly. I never would have agreed to this amount. It seems once they had my credit card information they had me locked in.

My final point is I never filled out the e signature authorizing or accepting the terms. I doubt if what they have done is legal I guess I should have trusted my gut feeling and went else where but the numbers they quoted sounded reasonable to me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Esurance/internet/Esurance-Esurance-Bait-and-Switch-Tactics-Internet-1044532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Esurance

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

SRF Signing

AUTHOR: Dr. omnebus - ()

That is why your rate went up. In the state of florida you have to electronicly sign your State required forms. Failer to do so causes a higher premuim because of Insurance regulation set by the state of florida.