Complaint Review: Esurance

• Reported By: Esurance are crooks! —
Esurance
P.O. Box 5262 Internet United States of America

Esurance uses Bait and Switch scam! Crooks! Internet

Buyer Beware! I switched to Esurance to save money. It looked like a great deal at first. I left a more reputable insurance company and signed on with esurance. I wish I would have researched them first and I would have saved myself a lot of headache. I was quoted a great rate and paid my down payment. One Month later my second payment was deducted, I though it was great to save money....then it happened. After a month they raised my rates over $100 a month because they say they discovered an accident on my record.

When I supply them with the information showing it was not at fault, the other driver was cited, and the other drivers insurance paid for my damages they didn't adjust the rate. I called customer service and they said "Oh yeah we fixed it, it now shows as not at fault." I said my rate hasn't been fixed yet and she tells me it won't be fixed either. Even though I had a not at fault accident and was not cited and had no claims it's their policy to increase the rates.

I have no tickets and even got a 5 year claim free discount but yet they raise me over $100 a month for a not at fault accident. Buyer beware after researching it is apparent this is their business practice to lure customers in with a good rate and then dramatically increase it. I switched thinking I was going to save money and now I am paying MORE than I was with a reputable company. When asked what we could do to fix this I was told I could switch companies....customer service, right.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2013 01:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Esurance/internet/Esurance-uses-Bait-and-Switch-scam-Crooks-Internet-1035396. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Esurance