- Report: #97282
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Esurance
Esurancewww.esurance.com Internet U.S.A.
Esurance.com insurance that I never used costs me $70. Rip-off! Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Internet
*General Comment: doing business
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
A lady at Esuance told me I would be charged $50 for early termination. Even though I did not find corresponding item on policy documents for this charge, I did not argue with her. Also she said an email would be sent to me shortly, and she demanded me to reply this email within 48 hours to confirm the cancellation. At that time I explained to her I would be leaving town for 10 days (12/23 to 12/31), during which time I would not be able to check emails regularly, but I was promised I would receive the email before I left.
Unfortunately I still had not received the email before I started my travel on 12/22. It was not until 12/29 that I was able to get online and read the aforementioned email. The cancellation was finally confirmed but the effective date was set on 12/29, and I received a pro-rata refund of the premium for $251.71 on 01/06.
To me, being charged $70 for a service that I never used is completely unacceptable, and I felt even more outraged by this company's conduct not only because there was absolutely no justification for them to do so, but also their arrogant attitude toward customers with FOREIGN accent.
1. about the $50 early cancellation fee, I have searched the related document, and found no item indicating this fee would be assessed. I also did not see such reminder when I made the quote and started the policy on 12/18;
2. about effective cancellation date, I find this most ridiculous. It is understandable that this company requires their customers to have their own email addresses for communication purposes, but it makes no sense that they would expect and demand every customer to check email every day, especially when they are on travel.
I tried to resolve this issue with Esurance, but unfortunately this is one of the few most arrogant companies I have ever dealt with, my first email contact was replied, which they turned down my request. But my next email was simply ignored and I received no response at all. Running out of patience, I called after I returned from my trip, again I was told they could not backdate the cancellation date.
Ironically, a few days after my policy had been cancelled, I received another email from Esurance still treating me as an existing customer. Based on these facts, I doubt the daily business management of this company is rather chaotic, and I believe this dispute was caused mainly by their malfunction.
i will never do business with them again, and strongly suggest readers to cross this company out of your list.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2004 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Esurance/internet/Esurancecom-insurance-that-I-never-used-costs-me-70-Rip-off-Sioux-Falls-South-Dakota-97282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.