Complaint Review: Etna Battery

• Updated: Sun, September 02, 2012

• Reported By: Dontplayzme — Columbus Ohio United States of America
Etna Battery
3453 East Main Street Columbus, Ohio United States of America

Etna Battery I took my car to them to get a CV joint replaced. Instead they took my new shocks and strut off my car and replaced them with a junkyard part. Columbus, Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: You really think they stole your strut?

I took my car in to get a CV joint.  They came and got me after about a half hour or so.  They took me to the back and said I needed shocks. I said BS because I bought the parts for shocks and struts and watched my mechanic put them in.  He said, "well your mechanic didnt do it right". I said "no, he has been working on cars all his life and he is older".  I was so pissed!

He said, "well, you can take your car home but I wouldnt recommend driving it with the shocks loose."  said "no S***, now, I have no choice but to get it fixed because this is my only car and I need my car."  When I got my car back, the window was down and it was winter.  I drove off after paying. I went to roll up my window and it would not roll up.  The frame was bent. Now, the window was off alignment but it did roll all the way up.

Now, it would not roll up at all. [continued below]....
..... When I called them, they said they have a sign that they are not liable for what happens to the car when left overnight.   I checked the strut and it was turquoise and rusted.  I could tell they got it from a junk yard.  My part was black and a new part!  So, they ripped me off, basically by taking my new part and replacing it with a used part.  It looked like they just reinstalled the shock I had.  I have no proof of that, but the strut is obvious!!

I called the BBB and filed a complaint, but the store would not cooperate and it was just he said, she said stuff.  I filed with the attorney general and I never got contacted or nothing.  Honestly, I am poor, and I doubt I will sue.  Now it is s****y because I need a new strut and still a CV joint so I am deeper debt.  I hope they dont do this bs to someone else.  What goes around comes around and they will get theirs!  All I wanted them to do was install a new strut and they couldnt do that.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2012 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etna-Battery/Columbus-Ohio-43213/Etna-Battery-I-took-my-car-to-them-to-get-a-CV-joint-replaced-Instead-they-took-my-new-s-935352. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etna Battery

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You really think they stole your strut?

AUTHOR: Josh - (U.S.A.)

This is really quite bizarre, but I seriously doubt your story.  First, half an hour is not nearly enough time to remove and reinstall a strut.  Second, the part is worth something on the order of $40.  Nobody in their right mind would bother to perform such a scam - the labor is worth far more than the part.

Second, why didn't you have the CV joints replaced together with the struts at the other shop?  Half the work for doing those is taking apart the suspension.