Complaint Review: Etour And Travel, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, September 06, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, September 06, 2008

• Reported By:Ann Arbor Michigan
Etour And Travel, Inc.
Quadrangle Corporate Park, 3626 Quadrangle Boulevard, Suite 400 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Etour And Travel, Inc. Sales practices of this company are misleading!!! Orlando Florida

I was contacted by this company regarding a vacation package, which included time in Orlando and Daytona. Prior to purchasing the package, I was told that I would receive a rental car for 7 days, which would accomodate a family of four; I was even told that I could drive the car from Michigan if I decided not to fly. I was also told the package would be good for a year, but I could easily extend that an additional six months with no additional charges.

However, when I contacted them to extend it, I was charged a fee to do so! Additionally, when I later made my families travel reservations, I was told the rental car that came with the package was a two door Chevy Aveo, and would not accomodate me and my family! They said, " the car would have little to no trunk space unless I didn't have anyone in the back seat." This package was for "four" people - how could they mislead me like this???

Basically, I was told that I would have to upgrade to a larger car, which cost me an additional $138 for two packages. The other things is, Enterprise allowed my brother-in-law to upgrade three entire classes to a premium full-size for only $5 per day when he got to Orlando, and I was stuck in a PT Cruiser after paying $138 - boy did I get screwed!!!

I was also told by this company - on several occassions - that the taxes for our accomodations would be between $7 - $10 per day; however, I was charged $19 per day in Orlando!!!

On top of all this, they claim you're going to receive discount tickets to Univeral, which is a joke!!! You can purchase the tickets directly through Universal CHEAPER than what they offering you for setting through a 90 minute time-share presentation! That is just ridiculous!!!

There is an old saying, the devil is in the details - well, I would definitely make sure you get all the details before buying from them, because they LIED to me, and failed to disclose information that cost me in the end!

Tpaine
Ann Arbor, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2008 04:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etour-And-Travel-Inc/Orlando-Florida-32817/Etour-And-Travel-Inc-Sales-practices-of-this-company-are-misleading-Orlando-Florida-370311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etour And Travel, Inc.