Complaint Review: Etourandtravel

• Submitted: Sun, September 25, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, September 25, 2005

• Reported By:lakemont Georgia
Etourandtravel
Quadrangle Corporate Park3626 Quadrangle BoulevardSuite 400 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

E Tour and Travel ripoff Orlando Florida

Etourand travel sold me a vacation package for so many days in daytona with free days in Orlando etc. When they called me I was interested. I said yes and said ONLY if they had something for Race week in daytona for July. If there was nothing for those dates then I did not want it. They said sure and booked my dates.

I made it clear that I wanted to know if there would be any additional charges and they said no. that everything was ready. I was to pay payments, which I did, I like a fool gave them my debit card number (also a check card). Plus one payment from my credit card. In all I had paid about half of the amount, I think the total was 397. I told them I would need the Daytona hotel tour first and they said not a problem, I told them the date of the race and that I could not do a tour on that date, again they said no problem. They gave me contact numbers etc. And the name of my salesman. A guy named Justin.

Well that was just dandy until about 2 weeks before my vacation when they sent me a paper saying I would have to do my tour ON race day. I said I could not and that I verified that with Justin. Well guess what the numbers they gave me to reach Justin was not a valid number and when I did talk to someone they told me he did not work there anymore so whatever he told me did not apply.

Then about a week before my vacation they called and told me that because it was race week that I would have to pay an additional 75.00 per night because it was race week and that it had been over looked by the sales rep after I said it about 10 times that it was race week and Justin swore to me that I would have no more additional charges.

I stopped payment on the debit card, and just let them keep the money I had already paid. NOW about 3 times a week I am getting calls telling me I owe them money for the package and that I would have to pay anyway if I did not go. They said I did this willingly.

Why would I tell them we were going to the race in Daytona but then consent to do a tour on that date? I did not, it was a lie, the committed fraud against me. Then to make it clear this was the only reason we were even going to have them 'reschedule' my vacation. I was not about to miss a race that we had paid 100 dollars a ticket for my husband's birthday to tour a hotel. they lied to me and called me a liar.

Betty
lakemont, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2005 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etourandtravel/Orlando-Florida-32817/E-Tour-and-Travel-ripoff-Orlando-Florida-158267. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etourandtravel