Complaint Review: Etourandtravel.com

• Updated: Thu, March 11, 2010

• Reported By:East Hampton Massachusetts
Etourandtravel.com
Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Etourandtravel.com ripoff never authorized payment and 398.00 dollars were stolen from my account Orlando Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Re: Bob - Sarasota (U.S.A.)

*Consumer Comment: It can't be unauthorized, if you don't give them all the info

I am very upset about this company. our phone conversation was not finished and they withdrew $398.00 from my account without my authorization. I mean we were dissconnected and they withdrew money from my account what is wrong with these people the guy in charge was J>R>Gordon and his so called supervisor Juanita Penza when i heard the name i knew something was wrong. All this in less than 5 hrs.

Ariel
East Hampton, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2004 05:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etourandtravelcom/Orlando-Florida/Etourandtravelcom-ripoff-never-authorized-payment-and-39800-dollars-were-stolen-from-my-113716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etourandtravel.com

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Re: Bob - Sarasota (U.S.A.)

AUTHOR: J K - (United States of America)

Bob: You don't win any points for your sarcastic response. Everyone has a right to speak their minds. But hey, if malware is so scary for you, perhaps you should get a browser with a pop-up blocker and some anti-malware programs. But that's not their fault. I don't see any pop-ups on this website anyway.

It can't be unauthorized, if you don't give them all the info

AUTHOR: Bob - (U.S.A.)

When you give someone enough information to actually bill your credit card, you have given them the right to bill you. Buyers remorse is not a reason to bash a company. I purchased a package from them, and they have been nothing but professional.
I worked for a company that was an easy target for refunds. I managed an office of mobile DJ's. I can't tell you how many people complained about the service. (Even on my most professional DJ's) and the first words out of their mouths were "I wan't money back" It wasn't my fault they spent too much money on a wedding, and, it's not my responsibility to subsidize them.

The problem with sites like this, and the BBB, is they are not mediated. They are just a place for someone to blast their opinion, and it's up to the company to respond. But the company doesn't have to respond. But if they don't it's as if they have admitted guilt.
Just as a side note...
While on this sites home page, I got a pop up that looked like malware. It's unfortunate that a site that makes you think they are on the side of the consumer, allows potential malware to be downloaded onto your computer. If this malware had been downloaded from their site, it's quite possible that they could have stolen my identity and caused me to lose everything I own. Please use caution when using this site, it could cost you everything you own!