Complaint Review: Etoys

• Updated: Wed, December 07, 2005

• Reported By:sunnyvale California
Etoys
www.etoys.com Internet U.S.A.

Etoys ripoff dishonest lousy business Internet

I placed an order for a video game on 11/30/05. By 12/5/05 it still hasn't shipped. I call and they said it should ship by 12/6/05. The next day I get an email notice telling me now it won't ship until 12/12/05!

I call to cancel the order and they transfer me to a number where I am on hold for 1+ hours! When they finally answer the phone they give me some excuse about they cannot cancel the order because their automated system does not allow them to cancel. They say I need to wait until my crdit card is charged, the item ships and I return it before I get a credit and this deal is done. What a cumbersome and unprofessional way to run a business. Also when I called it turns out my order is further delayed until 12/23/05!

Keep in mind this is for a Christmas present for a child. So, I am forced now to order/buy somewhere else and in a few weeks have an additional charge on my credit card. Bad business when they have more than enough time to cancel the order or at least indicate on their site that the product is not in stock.

Every other Internet retailer displays if an item is in stock and allows a customer to cancel an order.

Do NOT do business with Etoys. They are a ripoff and miserable company to do business with. Lousy customer service and lousy company policies.

Jeff
sunnyvale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2005 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etoys/internet/Etoys-ripoff-dishonest-lousy-business-Internet-167178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etoys