Complaint Review: Etrade.com

• Submitted: Sun, June 08, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 09, 2008

• Reported By:Silver Spring Maryland
Etrade.com
www.etrade.com Alexandria, Virginia U.S.A.

Etrade.com Locked account & can't get funds out Alexandria Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: WHAT YOU CAN DO

Opened both a savings and checking account with etrade.com throught the Internet. Within a week they had collected by opening deposits but will not let me withdraw the funds. Customer service drones only repeat the same script over and over again. Customer Service drone instructed me to send a written letter asking for more information. I have send 3. All ignored. Custopmer Service promised a letter of explanation. None received in 3 months.

This is not a consumer friendly company and I recommend not doing business with them. I have given this advise to all my clients (I'm a CPA).

Julian
Silver Spring, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2008 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etradecom/Alexandria-Virginia/Etradecom-Locked-account-cant-get-funds-out-Alexandria-Virginia-338305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etrade.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

WHAT YOU CAN DO

AUTHOR: Consult The Rock - (China, People's Republic of)

I have been with etrade for ten years. I am not happy, but I know of no discount brokerage that goes by the golden rule like they did in the good old days. So that's why I've stayed. In your case, it well could have been that the bank doesn't know you. It appears you did not open a stock brokerage, option, whatever, account. One time, upon the recommendation of one of the brokers on the toll-free line, I transferred funds that I wanted to withdraw by opening an Etrade bank account and placing the funds in there. Then, I couldn't get them wired to where I had to wire. I called, and a representative said we need a fax of your name, account number, passport photograph: all the usual. So I did and my wire was authrized. I was even allowed to wire all, transfer the couple dollars left over back, and close the account. The wire fee is 25, which is half of what my bank was charging. If you call back and ask what they need; ask for their fax number; call back to confirm receipt - you may have no problem. Best wishes.