Complaint Review: Etre Dead Sea Products - Natural Beauty

• Submitted: Sun, March 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 29, 2009

• Reported By:Nutley New Jersey
Etre Dead Sea Products - Natural Beauty
Eisenhower Pkwy @ South Orange Ave Livingston, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Kiosks

Etre Dead Sea Products - The Natural Beauty, Pushy sales - misrepresenting products, Mega Mark-ups & "secret deals" Livingston New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: regarding dead sea minerals creams/lotions at the Dollar Tree

*Consumer Comment: YOU CAN GET DEAD SEA COSMETICS AT YOUR LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD DOLLAR STORES

Lesson One- don't go to the mall on your lunch hour. I work a short distance from the Livingston Mall in NJ, and will sometimes go over to the mall at lunch to get away from the stress of the office.

I was at the mall with a co-worker, last Thursday, 3/12/09, when this young female sales person waves us over to her kiosk to see her goods. After telling her that we were not interested, she grabs my hand and puts her "product" on it, and starts massaging it into my skin. She goes into her elaborate sales pitch, and offers to make us specials deals if we promise to "zip it", and not let her pimp see. "He's the guy in the yellow shirt over there". Purposely keeping you on one side of the kiosk, away from her "boss", and the No Returns or Refunds sign.

My co-worker asked if all three of the products were "dead sea" products, and the sales rep answered "dead sea, dead sea, & dead sea" as she pointed to the three products. She somehow convinced me to give up my credit card, and purchase the three products.

I got back to work and did a search on the facial peel product, finding that the kiosk had marked up the price over 475%. Yes, four hundred seventy five percent. I called my credit card company after seeing the small print at the bottom of the receipt which was placed in my bag, indicating that there would be no returns or refunds. My card company said that once the charge posted, I would have to call back and file a dispute.

After work, less than 3 hours after my purchase, I returned to the Livingston Mall in an attempt to return the unopened products. I was told that it could not be done, and the woman tried to give me more products to make me happy. I told her that I didn't want any more over priced products, I just wanted a quiet return of my money. That didn't happen.

I went to the mall information booth, as it was after 5pm, and was told to fill out a card with my complaint. Before I even finished telling the attendant the name, she knew who it was, and agreed when I said that I must not be the first to complain about them. I showed her the print out of the "RIP OFF" report that Adam of Newark sent in, and told her that it can't be good for mall business to have complaints all over the internet about these thieves.

Tomorrow I will file a complaint with the better business bureau. Not only did they mark up the products a revolting amount, the two creams, which I was told in response to a direct question were also "dead sea" products are not, but are manufactured in Miami, Florida, by Organica.

I can understand getting assaulted on the streets by gypsy vendors, where you may expect it. When shopping in a mall I expect vendors to be better screened by the mall management. I know I am not the first to complain about "Natural Beauty", but they continue to rip people off daily at the Livingston Mall, while laughing at you saying, "have a nice day". Deception and outright fraud.

I know I may never get my money back, I have learned an expensive lesson, which I should never have had to learn. Maybe I can help stop the madness.

EMF
Nutley, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2009 06:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etre-Dead-Sea-Products-Natural-Beauty/Livingston-New-Jersey-07039/Etre-Dead-Sea-Products-The-Natural-Beauty-Pushy-sales-misrepresenting-products-Mega-434517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etre Dead Sea Products - Natural Beauty

regarding dead sea minerals creams/lotions at the Dollar Tree

AUTHOR: Blossomstar - (U.S.A.)

Hi,

I came across this while searching for dead sea minerals creams/lotions at the Dollar Tree. In the past, I got a dead sea minerals with shea butter hand lotion/cream at the Dollar Tree. I've been trying to find this at the Dollar Tree since. Do you know the exact name of the dead sea minerals lotions/cremes you bought from the Dollar Tree? I would really appreciate it. Hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks.

YOU CAN GET DEAD SEA COSMETICS AT YOUR LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD DOLLAR STORES

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

SO WHY WASTE YOUR TIME, MONEY AND EFFORT GETTING RIPPED OFF ON LINE BY PEOPLE WHO DO NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT YOU, DO NOT SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY ,AND ARE NOT WORTH THE ANGST AND YOU CAN NOT TRUST.

I HAVE SEEN GREAT DEAD SEA PRODUCTS IMPORTED DIRECT FROM ISRAEL AT THE DOLLAR TREE STORES WHICH I BOUGHT FOR PRESENTS TO SUPPORT ISRAEL.

AT A $1 EACH, IT IS A LOT BETTER THAN THE $30 FOR THE SAME QUANTITY THAT THESE ONLINE PLACES RIP YOU OFF FOR.

AND $30 IS FOR THE SMALLER AND LOWER PRICED ONES.

SMART SHOPPING FOR VALUE IN YOUR OWN NEIGHBORHOOD STORES WILL SAVE YOU MONEY FRAUD AND AGGRAVATION.

THEY DON'T ALWAYS HAVE THE DEAD SEA PRODUCTS AS THEY TEND TO SELL OUT FAST BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS E-MAIL CORPORATE AND ASK FOR THEM. THEY LIKE TO MAKE MONEY SO THEY SHOULD RESPOND.

NO REASON TO GET RIPPED OFF LIKE THIS!