Complaint Review: Etsy.com

• Submitted: Thu, February 03, 2011
  • Updated: Wed, August 10, 2011

• Reported By: Mobile123 — Eastman Maryland U.S.A.
Etsy.com
55 Washington Street Suite 512 Internet United States of America

Etsy.com Etsy Etsy Hates Sellers! Will Deactivate your account without warning. Internet

*General Comment: The Same thing happened to me

I had a very established account with Etsy with over 200+ sales. I hand make everything I was selling. I did however have 2 other stores that had ZERO active listings. They were just old stores that I hated the name of so I kept changing. I never thought I had to request they be deleted. So Etsy decided today to delete my account without emailing me first. Then i receive an email from Nika who is obviously a very rude and mean person who says oh yeah we shut you down. After explaining how sorry I was and did not knowingly go againist policy and how I never had a problem before and BEGGED I mean seriously begged to redeem my store I worked so hard for I get a email back saying I'm closing your store were done with you..

After months of making an awesome store and making tons of money for Etsy they without notice or repeal close my account. What sucks is that I had 10 customers who just paid that day and I have no clue what items to send them because the account is deleted. How does Etsy expect us to send remaining orders out or communicate to customers still?

I really LOVED Etsy but after today I'm really hating their lack of compassion or hear towards sellers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2011 11:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Etsycom/internet/Etsycom-Etsy-Etsy-Hates-Sellers-Will-Deactivate-your-account-without-warning-Internet-690606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Etsy.com

#1 General Comment

The Same thing happened to me

AUTHOR: E_A - (United States of America)

I am totally sick, my situation is similar. I have contacted several attorneys with this matter.