Complaint Review: Euclid Valero

• Submitted: Fri, January 25, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: Hate Mechanics — pomona California U.S.A.
Euclid Valero
2160 s. euclid ave ontario, California United States of America

Euclid Valero Smog station , Star test loction , diagnostic and repair. ontario, California

I had my vehicle tested for smog and registration December 2012 and it failed with 2 codes indicating that the system was running lean and it did not pass smog. I found out about the BAR Bureau of auto repair's program for consumer assistance with up to $500 in help with repairs in regards to emissions.

I was approved for the program and received my letter and had to find a STAR station that was approved by the state for smog/ diagnostic / fix and repair.

This is when I found Euclid Valero and took my vehicle in on the 21st of Jan 2013.  I told them the check engine light was on and it failed the smog and I had a letter for the CAP program to fix the vehicle.  they had me pay up front $101.00 for the smog/ test diagnosis. They kept my vehicle for almost 2 days saying diagnostic was being done..

Then they called me the next day and said the MAF  Mass airflow sensor was replaced and this fixed everything and the check engine light was off and it passed smog. they then billed the State program $400. dollars out of the $500 I had available.

I picked up my vehicle on the 22nd of Jan 2013 and did not even have it for an hour when it was hard to start and the check engine light came back on . I called the smog station and told them of the problem that day , I was told to bring my vehicle in the next morning. at 9am I did just that.
again I left my vehicle that day and the following and was told it was something with the fuel part.
this was ordered and did not fix the problem.

The next thing they did was call me to say that it was probably and EVAP line and they would fix this. Then they the OWNER called me to say .. he spoke with the BAR and no more money was left and this was a seperate issue then he said it was the fuel pump modulator.. I asked if this would fix the problem and was told.. not sure.. no guarantees, however he was going to give me a break and take $100 dollars off and charge me now $397-

I picked up my vehicle on the 24th of Jan 2013 and it is still not repaired correctly and the check engine light is on .. this place is a rip off and they lie and do not complete the work and only ask for things that they think might fix the problem .. stay away from these people.. I have filed an complaint with the BAR ..

I took my vehicle in the 23rd of Jan 2013 at 9 am and was told to leave it

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 03:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Euclid-Valero/ontario-California-91762/Euclid-Valero-Smog-station-Star-test-loction-diagnostic-and-repair-ontario-Californ-1003084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Euclid Valero