Complaint Review: Eugene Lachapelle

• Updated: Sat, January 18, 2014

• Reported By: Joselyn — Houston Texas
Eugene Lachapelle
Internet, Select State/Province USA

Eugene Lachapelle, Xyience, Hiring Manager Car Wrapping Scam! You receive a check via UPS, you keep an amount, you wire balance. Internet

I received an email that read like this:

We are currently seeking to employ individuals living in USA/CANADA.  Who will like to make money by simply driving your car or banner wrapped for Xyience Xenergy Energy Drink..........You will be compensated with $400 per week which is essentially a "rental" payment for letting our company use the space no fee is required from you. Xyience Xenergy Energy Drink shall provide experts that would handle the advert placing on your car.  You will receive an upfront payment of $400 in form of check via courier service for accepting to carry this advert on your car.... then it asks for applicant information:  name, address, phone, age.... Eugene Lachapelle, Hiring Manager, xyience Xenergy Energy Drink.

I responded to this email and received a check for $2550.  I wasn't thinking that this was a scam, so I did deposit the check into my account and followed the instructions to the point of wiring the funds.  Western Union call me to make me aware of fraud details and asked me questions - that's when I realized that I had been scammed.  No lost yet though.  I retrieved the funds and redeposited it into my bank account.  I did research online and read a scam report that described another email similar to this one.  I called and emailed the company showing them as sender of the check.  I received a response immediatey from that company instructing me to tear up that check because their ups account had be hacked into and it was a fraud.  I now wait for my bank to further investigate the funds to return it to the sender's account.

Beware when you are in urgent need of finances because you'll tend to ignore warning signs.  I'm glad Western Union kept their policy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2014 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eugene-Lachapelle/Internet-Select-StateProvince-Internet/Eugene-Lachapelle-Xyience-Hiring-Manager-Car-Wrapping-Scam-You-receive-a-check-via-UPS-1116689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eugene Lachapelle