- Report: #946601
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: EuropaParts.com
EuropaParts.com407 Bell St Piscataway, New Jersey United States of America
EuropaParts.com PartsHaus.com Falsely advertises kit for internal engine repair that does not work and fails; does not follow up Piscataway, New Jersey
When my mechanic actually went in and looked at the seal, he said it was close but not exact for my model. I called Europaparts and told them this info. They claimed my mechanic was wrong and I should talk to a dealer instead.
I spoke with all three VW dealers in the state and each of them said my mechanic was right and Europaparts was wrong. They were (and still to this day) sending out the wrong parts as being advertised to fit.
Engine parts and seals are very specific -- I had originally purchased from them because they claimed that they researched and made sure all kits were correct for the engines they noted. I bought the right kit for my engine, but it didn't include the correct parts.
When I called them back, the people at EuropaParts became very unhelpful and started making bogus claims, paraphrased:
"If you were my only customer I'd drive to Oklahoma to fix this personally." -- yet, they don't want to take any responsibility for the problem since I'm not their only customer?
"It is your mechanic's fault" -- This after saying my mechanic was wrong
"The dealers will tell you anything to sell you a part" -- this after telling me specifically that good info would come from a dealer
In the end, EuropaParts:
1) Sent out the wrong parts because the kit was poorly researched
2) Refused to take responsibility for the wrong part and the expensive repair I now needed due to their bad advertisement (they offered $15)
3) Failed to return calls as promised
4) Even after I sent them 5+ sources of data showing that they are sending the wrong part, they continue to sell this kit with the wrong part today
Eventually, it became obvious that EuropaParts did not care about the issue. I hope that if you choose to buy something from them you think carefully and research more carefully. Verify their part numbers and advice with a trustworthy source. If you run into a problem, I hope you don't have as bad of an experience as I did.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/25/2012 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EuropaPartscom/Piscataway-New-Jersey-08854/EuropaPartscom-PartsHauscom-Falsely-advertises-kit-for-internal-engine-repair-that-does-946601. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.