Complaint Review: EuropeanDestinations.com

• Reported By: Laura — North Babylon New York United States of America
EuropeanDestinations.com

EuropeanDestinations.com Solar Thieves, bait and switch, scam, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: European Destinations - Booking process

Tried to create my own vacation to France and Spain with europeandestinations.com as that is what their niche is. You supposedly mix and match air travel, hotels, trains etc. with the amount of time you would like to spend in each city.

I created my trip, was given a price, but when I tried to pay, the booking didn't go through because they can't confirm the air. You have to call them up and now they have to try and get u another flight......... Of course with add'l fees. Then the hotel isn't available all of a sudden either. SCAM!!!

I should have known when I had a 4 star hotel included in my package and then when it wasn't available I was offered a 3 star hotel for more money!

But the kicker is, they tried to charge my credit card ( 1 time successfully) 3 times and max it out, then tell me that it was never approved at all. Had to cancel the card. They are a huge SCAM! Beware, they bait and switch you.

If it's too good to be true...........

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2012 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/EuropeanDestinationscom/internet/EuropeanDestinationscom-Solar-Thieves-bait-and-switch-scam-Internet-957738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on EuropeanDestinations.com

European Destinations - Booking process

AUTHOR: European Destinations - (USA)

Dear Consumer,

We would like to take this opportunity to reply to your comments about our company. Online travel has a dynamic booking process that is constantly updating pricing within the seconds. All travel companies including Expedia and Orbitz have these same processes.

There is a small percentage of itineraries that cannot be booked for one reason or another. Maybe someone was selecting the same properties or air itinerary with limited availability at the same time you were selecting. This does happen with dynamic pricing. Or maybe there is something wrong with a contract and the system is not allowing us to issue the airline tickets because the codes were improperly given to us by the vendor.

There are multiple reasons why an itinerary cannot be confirmed. We clearly and promptly provide this information to our clients when these system problems occur. Our next step is to find an alternative that is suitable for our client. However, sometimes there is lack of availability during this time and it may involve extra costs. These are always given to the client for approval before we process the reservations.

We are sorry that your booking experience with our company was not as you expected. We assure you we are in no way scamming our clients.

Thank you for letting us respond to your comments and concerns.

Best regards,