Complaint Review: Europeanplates.com

• Updated: Fri, November 09, 2012

• Reported By: Annick — Internet Canada
Europeanplates.com
Seattle, Washington United States of America

Europeanplates.com Item not received after 3 months, no tracking, no refund Seattle, Washington

*Author of original report: Refund issued this morning.

I ordered my plate in July and was told to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery, but they would contact me when my order was shipped. I tried contacting them to see if my order had been shipped in late August. I got no response. I tried to phone them. Their phone number is only a voice recording to visit their website. I sent the same email to every address on their site and FINALLY got a response, which was only that it takes 4-6 weeks to ship the item. I waited another two weeks and contacted them again. I was told they would look into it. A week later and no response, I emailed again. Again, they would "look into it". I filed a complaint with the BBB and was told that they hadn't shipped it with a tracking number. They blamed everything on USPS and I was told I would get a refund because it would be too expensive to make another plate. Two weeks later, they had not initiated a refund through PayPal, so I called PayPal myself to initiate the refund. Apparently, there is a magic 45 day window in which PayPal can issue a refund, but they sent an email to the company letting them know that they can refund my money any time now.

TL;dr, ordered plate July 21. Still haven't received it, or a refund as of November 9. Next step will be IC3.gov

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 07:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Europeanplatescom/Seattle-Washington-/Europeanplatescom-Item-not-received-after-3-months-no-tracking-no-refund-Seattle-Wash-966301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Europeanplates.com

Refund issued this morning.

AUTHOR: Annick - (Canada)

The business has finally issued the refund after telling me that this was a scam site, that my computer would be infected with viruses, that my report was fraudulent, that their "hands were tied" until I rescinded this report and that I had cost them tens of thousands of dollars. I assured them that everything I wrote was 100% true and that I had proof of all communications and that I would amend the report once I received my money. They have done so, and so I have amended the report.