Complaint Review: Eurpopean Wax Center

• Submitted: Thu, January 27, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, March 09, 2012

• Reported By: Me too — Scottsdale Arizona U.S.A.
Eurpopean Wax Center
21050 N. Tatum Blvd, Suite C-160, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona United States of America

Eurpopean Wax Center Douglas Payne BUYER BEWARE/FRAUD Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: You are an idiot

European Wax Center Scam: I was a monthly customer of Euro Wax at McDowell Mountain and Shade at Desert Ridge for close to a year. Rather abruptly, they discontinued their monthly wax pass, and instead want members to pre-pay for a year's services in advance. So we went from $28/mo billed to a credit card upon receipt of service to them asking for close to $500 up front and a year to use the services (so long as the boutique remains open/in business).

The transition caused me concern - anytime a company wants money for a service in the amount of a full year's fees up front - especially in this economy, it causes a wise consumer to stop and take pause. It was the lack of advanced notice of the discontinuation of the monthly wax pass and their breach of contract in services that validated that this is a shady business.

I was notified via letter on Jan. 20 that the monthly wax pass would be discontinued on Jan. 16. The letter said that the benefits of monthly wax pass would continue through 30 days of last billing cycle. I went in for my regularly scheduled monthly service on Jan. 22 (which was pre-booked in December), and I was told at check out that I'd have to pay $39 since they discontinued the monthly pass. Jan. 16 + 30 days per the letter is clearly not Jan. 22, and therefore, they lied. The clerk at the counter called the manager and she declined to honor my monthly wax pass rate.

I called the branch on Jan. 27 to ask for the owner's name/info and I was given a name: Douglas Payne, but was told his contact information is confidential. I asked for a manager, and was told that they are not allowed to provide that information either. Not even a manager's name. Rather, they would take my name/number and call me.

What kind of a company won't provide a manager's name and contact information? Why wouldmanagment be in hiding and not be accessible to their customers?

Astark warning to all....this is a very shady company todo businesswith.You'd be money ahead to go to a legitimateand professional salon for these services. I don't thinkthesecenterswill be long for the Valley with questionable and unethical business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2011 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Eurpopean-Wax-Center/PhoenixScottsdale-Arizona-85050/Eurpopean-Wax-Center-Douglas-Payne-BUYER-BEWAREFRAUD-PhoenixScottsdale-Arizona-687751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Eurpopean Wax Center

You are an idiot

AUTHOR: Petunia - (United States of America)

You sound like an idiot. I'm a current customer of EWC and I'll tell you something right now, your so called commentary on their business is completely inaccurate. Let's start with the fact that if you want to you can still come in as a pay as you go basis, you don't need to spend "nearly $500 up front" you lying sack of crap with hairy feet. Number two, I have that pass and it's only for unlimited waxing for a full year for your brazilian and it's a $42 service regularly and it's only if you're getting waxed a lot. Before I had this pass, I had a prepaid pass where I paid $252 upfront and got a free visit, so I paid for i think five or six visits and really got seven total. You can pay as you go there and you can you can still get waxed there even without a pass. And just to seriously alert you as to how stupid you sound right now, EWC is a nationwide company, I live in NJ, work in NY and travel frequently. I've used EWC's in NJ,NY,FL, and yes, even Arizona. You sound so dumb talking about a chain store that's nation wide going out of business after you pay them. As if you wouldn't get any money back that was on your account. Oh, and even if the OWNER of that EWC went bankrupt- even though if you sit in on one of their stores on a Saturday you see what a gold mine it is- those passes are good at any EWC and you can use them there or get a refund from corporate.

Oh and I work for a fortune five hundred company in NYC and if you called and asked for my manager's personal contact information then I'd laugh in at you. If those people don't have their own offices, with their own extensions, then there's no reason for someone to give you their info.