Complaint Review: Evan Garage Doors

• Updated: Tue, July 10, 2012

• Reported By: Noreen — Bergenfiel New Jersey United States of America
Evan Garage Doors
Paramus, New Jersey United States of America

Evan Garage Doors Harassed me with phone calls demanding more money. Banging on my door .Watching my house. Walking around my property. Paramus, New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: NOREEN R**** IS A LIAR...

I ordered a garage door and Evan who owns the company came and gave me an estimate for $535.00 dolllars installed. I ordered the door and after about three weeks he came and installed the door. He asked me if he could leave the old door and he would cut it up so he did not have to take it with him, I told him no he had to take it away which he did. I then wrote him a check but he asked if he could have cash but I said no I did  not keep cash on me.

When I wrote the check he said oh that is for the old price of the door but it had gone up but that was okay. A few days later he called me and said my check bounced and he was coming over and wanted cash. In the meantime I called my bank because I knew that I had money in my account. What happened was I ordered new checks and the account number on the bottom of the checks was wrong by one number.

I asked the bank if I could use my old checks because I had moved and ordered new ones and they said yes that I could. When Evan came to my house I showed him the error and issued him a new check. He then said I owed him more tha seventy dollars because of the check fee and that he had to pay to have the doors taken to the dump and he only charged me the old price for the doors and he was out money.

I found out that the bank gave him thirty five dollars back for the error with the check. He waited two weeks and then yesterday called me for fifty dollars and  I told him I was not giving him anything that he got his money from that bank and that I had payed him. He then came to my house banging on my door and my daughter inn law was here and we would not open the door we thought he was going to break it down he then preceded to walk around my property and was taking pictures.

We thought he might do something so we stayed inside until he left. He then called me again and said he went to my bank and straightened everything out but that he wants thirty five dollars.  I called him again and told him that I will not give him adime and if he keeps harassing me I will get a restraining order and take him to court. Aparantly there is something very wrong with this man.

I live alone and my son and daughter-in-law are very concerned that he might come here and try to do something to me or my property. I am very nervous being here alone because I never know when he will call or show up trying to get money. Aparently he was watching my house when he called and knew that I had just come home and then he was here acting like a crazy man but I dont thin that he realized that my daughter-in-law was with me and saw the whole thing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2012 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Evan-Garage-Doors/Paramus-New-Jersey-/Evan-Garage-Doors-Harassed-me-with-phone-calls-demanding-more-money-Banging-on-my-door--909902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Evan Garage Doors

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

NOREEN R**** IS A LIAR...

AUTHOR: Evan - ()

WOW... I just saw this...

First and only time in thirty one years someone filed a complaint about me... I must be a big criminal... Get your facts straight Noreen... You wrote a bad check to me causing "EIGHTY FIVE DOLLARS" in bank fees... The bank gave me "FIFTY DOLLARS" credit... YOU STILL OWE ME "THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS"... "YOU" are the crook...!!!