Complaint Review: Ever Private Card

• Web:
  • Category: Loans

Ever Private Card Unauthorized withdrawal from checking account INTERNET

*Consumer Comment: Tell them this

I signed up on the internet - dumb - for a payday advance. Really needed the money to pay some bills.
I was checking my online bank statement to see if the funds had been deposited into my account when I noticed a check for $49.99 - with a check number of "9999." I didn't authorize this check number, but unfortunately I couldn't read the information either on the check.

I called my bank, worthless on the phone, and the gentleman I spoke with at least advised me of whom the company was, their phone number and email address.

I called the 1800# they provided, 1-800-379-5984 and was advised by an automated message I needed to file a complaint on their website - which I have completed. They give you another customer service number 1-514-868-2092 but you are advised immediately these people will not be able to give you a refund.

I called my bank again and the woman I spoke with this time advised me I would need to file a complaint and close my account.

Unfortunately I really needed the cash advance so I was in a delimmma. I called the cash advance company and they were much more helpful than my bank. She advised me to go into the bank and have them stop payment on the check - which I was advised I wouldn't be able to do by the telephone operator - and then this would cease all further activity by this Ever Private Card company.

After an hour of working with the bank, threating to involve the media - they were able to put a stop payment on the check. I have subsequently stopped all further transactions and will be closing the account.

This place is a complete rip off. I will be writing a letter to the attorney general's office as well.

I noticed on line after searching for this company all the further complaints. I have also filed a police report.

Good luck to those of you who have this problem. I'm not looking at getting my money back...I really don't think it's going to happen - but I don't want to see other people get swindled.

Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2007 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ever-Private-Card/internet/Ever-Private-Card-Unauthorized-withdrawal-from-checking-account-INTERNET-1030080. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ever Private Card

Tell them this

AUTHOR: Kathrine - (U.S.A.)

This company, they did the same thing to me, I emailed them and asked them if the "box" they are referring to is defaulted to Yes or No, they didn't say much after that. I got my money back but I went through my bank just for quicker results. They didn't have much to say after that.

What a bunch of scammers! How are they still in business, oh, I know, because they are stealing people's money. I have filed a report with my local police and they are in the process of contacting the detective in CA to take action, they have found over 50 people in Virginia this has happened to and I am sure there are more! Cross your fingers and hope they go to jail!