Complaint Review: Everest College

• Updated: Tue, April 24, 2012

• Reported By: Cody — Fountain Colorado United States of America
Everest College
1815 Jet Wing Drive Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Everest College Corinthian Colleges They lied about accreditation, credits and degree transfer & you will not even realize how many loans you have signed up for! Colorado Springs, Colorado

Everest College will tell you that their credits will be accepted at a number of schools, referred to by name. I was trusting that this was a stable and professional institute and was not a perversion of academic society. When I asked my student representative about the denial of acceptance of my credits from one of the named schools she said that the degree was transferable. Upon calling the school back, I was told by the registrar that Everest degrees and credits were not transferable due to their lack of accreditation and that only schools that were similar in lacking accreditation would accept Everest degrees. Upon researching these other schools I found that none offered a Bachelor's degree in the law program which I was enrolled in.

Upon hearing this I immediately withdrew from the college and only then did I realize I was in debt up to my eyebrows despite the fact that the amount of loans I signed for did not seem to equal such a substantial amount. When I discussed payment arrangements I was told that the amount I was paying while enrolled would only be acceptable while enrolled and would quadruple in a couple of months.

Now I am indebted to student loan payments I can't afford for an education I did not receive and have to pay this debt off in order to be accepted at a real college.

Cody, Fountain, CO

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2012 05:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Everest-College/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80916/Everest-College-Corinthian-Colleges-They-lied-about-accreditation-credits-and-degree-tran-873275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Everest College