Complaint Review: Everest Institute

• Updated: Tue, September 20, 2011

• Reported By: Everest MAA — Battle Creek Michigan United States of America
Everest Institute
5177 West Main St. Kalamazoo, Michigan United States of America

Everest Institute Olympia Career Training Institute BEWARE!! Everest promises to help find jobs...but have side staffing businesses to make $$ instead!!! Kalamazoo, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Everest Employees should own up to the inefficient school that it is

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: False

*UPDATE Employee: INCORRECT INFORMATION POSTED

*Consumer Suggestion: Conflict of Interest; Confidentiality

*Consumer Comment: promises??

watch out for everest institute kalamazoo!!!  i worked my butt off going threw 2 programs: medical assisting & medical admin assisting, and still aren't working.  they promise to help you find work but it is a lie.  my career rep Cristy H has a side business called STREAMLINE PRO, LLC (see www.linkedin.com/pub/dir/christie/hewitt) that is a STAFFING SERVICE that works with medical administrative assistants and says so on the web page.  how do i know?  because i talked about a job i wanted at an office with her trying to get interview and then my friend told me that the doctor ended up hiring someone threw the agency  i mean what the hell.  now my loans are coming due and how am i supposed to pay bills when nobody will help out as promised it is rediculous.  i am going to take this to an attorney and to the government so nobody else will fall for the same trap.  i mean CRAP!! never missed a day and great grades...what a waste

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2010 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Everest-Institute/Kalamazoo-Michigan-49009/Everest-Institute-Olympia-Career-Training-Institute-BEWARE-Everest-promises-to-help-fi-658571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Everest Institute

Everest Employees should own up to the inefficient school that it is

AUTHOR: M.L. Eddy - (USA)

I am a graduate of NIT National Institute of Technology which is what the schools name was before they had to changed it. I graduated with a 3.86 GPA in Electronics. Although they advertised Job Placement Assistance, I found employment on my own. After visiting the school a year later (I had become friends with a couple instructors) and told them where I was working, they posted my info without my permission on the bulletin board that I was placed by the school. I am currently in a Mid Management position after many years and several positions in the field, I am the person you interview with currently a Maintenance Manager in a Industrial Plant setting. I learned more after leaving the school than they ever taught me.

To be frank the education there was less equivalent than a online correspondent course. I have stayed in touch with instructors and classmates, most have moved on to different fields of work but all would tell you to stay away and use your money to enroll in a accredited school or take online courses from a accredited college. There are plenty of them out there.

While I was there the equipment for practical labs or as the representatives would say "hands on lab" was outdated to the point of being antique. It was the grade of equipment that most employers would throw away, (probably where they obtained most of it through donations). The instructors, with all due respect where no more than graduates of the same school. Some had in the field experience but most just had the ability to speak in public and present materials provided by the school, with little to no field experience.

The government and Sallie Mae will throw money at you to get you to enroll, politicians with education incentives or help with obtaining higher education get votes. Since they can't change the college enrollment prerequisites schools like this are the easiest to push.

Most of the schools rely on salesmen to come to your home or call you daily until you enroll using high pressure sales tactics.

Considering I have worked in the field 15+ years (Graduated in 1992) there is no way I would hire someone from this school without experience unless it was a entry level position. Most of the human resources managers I know, which are many, only laugh when this school is mentioned, the same response I received when I first graduated.

A note to the representatives of the school, don't lower yourself by trying to sell this money mill or try to convince people that it is a reputable institution of higher learning. The truth is entry level and on the job training will educate people more than Everest Institute will accomplish.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

False

AUTHOR: rebuttal - (United States of America)

The information provided was incorrect and untrue. The company knew about the former, " former" business, which had stopped operating in 2009, long before joining the company.

INCORRECT INFORMATION POSTED

AUTHOR: rebuttal - (United States of America)

While I'm sorry to hear you felt your experience was anything other than stellar, the information you have posted is incorrect. Streamline RPO had not operated since early 2009, long before CH joined Everest. It was also a company that placed direct hire, professional employees- not medical, in primarily manufacturing environments. It also never operated as a temp to hire company.

I would recommend that you contact the school if you feel you were not given sufficient support. Also, please remember there are a ton of staffing agencies filling positions everday. You should contact your representative and ask to do mock interviews, coaching, etc. Good luck in your search.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Conflict of Interest; Confidentiality

AUTHOR: Florida - (USA)

Jeanski makes a great point: you better learn to spell if you hope to gain employment in the healthcare industry.  Although, the original post states "promise to help", not "promise to employ".  If your school rep has a sideline business, I would definitely say that this is a serious breach of confidentiality and conflict of interest.  I doubt very much that the company is aware of this behavior.

My advice is to get out there and do the legwork yourself.  Getting a job is a full time job!

promises??

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

All schools promise to help, but they don't promise employment. If I were an employer, I don't think I would hire you based on your lack of writing skills.  I'm assuming you're a high school graduate, yes? If so, then words such as "through" (instead of "threw") and "ridiculous" (instead of "rediculous") should have been mastered there. If you speak as unintelligently as you write, then it may be a long time before you find employment in the medical field.

hearts